Name the Worst Episode of Every Season

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Name the Worst Episode of Every Season

Post by A Lotta Moms on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:54 pm

No worries about thread-bumping.  We're pretty relaxed on that sort of thing.  Wink
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MagicToolBox on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:53 pm

It was pretty hard for to me choose for some seasons, because there really aren't many episodes I dislike.

1: Arthur and the Real Mr. Ratburn
2: Play it Again, D.W.
3: Mom and Dad Have a Great Big Fight
4: Buster's Breathless
5: Arthur's Family Feud
6: D.W.'s Backpack Mishap
7: Don't Ask Muffy
8: Fernkenstein's Monster
9: D.W. Beats All
10: What's Cooking?
11: Swept Away
12: The Chronicles of Buster
13: Looking for Bonnie
14: Tales of Grotesquely Grim Bunny
15: S.W.E.A.T.
16: So Funny I Forgot to Laugh

MagicToolBox
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Francine Frensky on Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:24 pm

Worst episodes EVER:

S1: Buster's Dino Dilemma
S2: Buster Baxter, Cat Saver
S3: The Ballad of Buster Baxter
S4: Buster's Best Behavior
S5: Nerves of Steal
S6: Buster's Sweet Success
S7: Buster's Amish Mismatch
S8: Postcards From Buster
S9: Buster's Green Thumb
S10: Buster's Special Delivery
S11: Buster Gets Real
S12: The Chronicles of Buster
S13: The Pride of Lakewood
S14: Buster Spaces Out
S15: Buster's Secret Admirer (really, Buster?)
S16: Buster's Book Battle
S17: Buster Bombs
S18: The Substitute Arthur
Francine Frensky
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:05 pm

Francine really loves her sum Buffster eps.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfLunchTomorrow on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:12 am

S1: Sick as a Dog
S2: Arthur the Unfunny
S3: Clarissa is Cracked
S4: Arthur's Big Hit (I know this one is controversial and while I do sort of like it I don't like the way some of the moral played out.)
S5: Double Dare
S6: Muffy's Soccer Shocker
S7: Pick a Car, Any Car
S8: Flea to be You and Me
S9: "A" is for Angry!
S10: DW Bossy Boots
S11: Strangers on a Train
S12: DW's Stray Netkitten
S13: Arthur's Number Nightmare
S14: In My Africa (It's going on here because I understand that it sucks but honestly this one is kind of a guilty pleasure for me.)
S15: The Trouble With Trophies
S16: Muffy Takes the Wheel
S17: Kidonia
S18 (so far): The Friend Who Wasn't There

If I think of any "dishonorable mentions" I'll let you know. Razz

Last edited by GhostOfLunchTomorrow on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
GhostOfLunchTomorrow
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile http://forevertrueblue.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:26 pm

GhostOfLunchTomorrow wrote:
S3: Clarissa is Cracked
Aww, that one's one of my favorites. Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfLunchTomorrow on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:30 pm

I'm sorry! I just found it kind of boring for some reason. Though not really BAD per se.

Also I had to change my pick for Season 10 as I just re-watched Arthur Changes Gears today and it's better than I remembered. Maybe I'll give Clarissa is Cracked another shot too and see how it holds up in my eyes.
GhostOfLunchTomorrow
Shady Character
Shady Character

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Eight-Three-One on Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:22 am

Alright, now for my least favorites...

1: Arthur's Lost Dog. From Kate's nonstop crying to the sheer amount of stupidity displayed by Arthur's family, this episode is a chore to sit through. The fact that Mrs. Read STILL DIDN'T KNOW the balloon was what she wanted at the end was icing on the cake.
2: D.W. Goes to Washington. Basically, it's a bunch of D.W. complaining about how she'd rather be at Ponyland and getting off scot free. About the only thing that makes it tolerable is the Ponyland commercial (You've got to go to Ponyland! You should go to Ponyland! You really MUST go to PO-NY-LAND!)
3: Francine and the Feline. Basically, it's nothing but Arthur acting egotistical, which feels really out of character. He never gives Nemo the slightest chance, and doesn't learn anything in the end.
4: Arthur's Big Hit. I'm not going to repeat everyone else.
5: The Shore Thing. The plot felt really forced and almost nothing of substance happens. Also, am I the only one who is put off by the fact that Mr. Read attempts to fool everybody into thinking they're going to a waterpark? It wouldn't be so bad except he does it to nearly the entire class.
6: More! D.W. acts way too ungrateful during this one. Only consolation is that she actually gets some comeuppance for it.
7: Muffy Goes Metropolitan. I wanted to smack Muffy during this episode for how spoiled and ungrateful she acts. Basically, it's D.W. Goes to Washington all over again.
Mr. Eight-Three-One
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfLunchTomorrow on Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:38 am

Come to think of it, like you said, Francine and the Feline may actually be worse than Clarissa is Cracked. I'll give both a re-watch and see what I think.
GhostOfLunchTomorrow
Shady Character
Shady Character

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Eight-Three-One on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:22 pm

I liked Clarissa is Cracked actually, as it was cool to see Thora in her youth and see an interpretation of her time period. Plus it's one of the few DW episodes where she actually shows regret for her actions. I don't say I blame you for having trouble coming up with a worst from the third season though; it was chock full of so many amazing episodes (The Ballad of Buster Baxter, I'd Rather Read it Myself, And Now Let's Talk to Some Kids) that I actually consider it the best season of the show. It undoubtedly had some stinkers though, despite all that, and Francine and the Feline is usually what comes to my mind as the season's weakest point as it's the only episode I legitimately have trouble sitting through.
Mr. Eight-Three-One
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfLunchTomorrow on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:32 pm

I just sort of find Clarissa is Cracked to be boring, but Francine and the Feline is probably worse. I'm just not a Nemo fan I guess.
GhostOfLunchTomorrow
Shady Character
Shady Character

Back to top Go down

Post by Roabe on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:17 pm

Not many people like Muffy Goes Netropolitan for that reason. Ironically, it was the episode that started me on the path to the glory of being a Muffeh fan. It's the first episode she really shines in (in the final scene of the episode, that is).
Roabe
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:29 pm

While I kind of like "D.W. Goes to Washington" (if mainly because it's a golden oldie), but I will agree that D.W. was unnecessarily bratty in that episode - she went out of her way to be miserable just because she didn't get to go to Pony Land... it's times like those that really make you think that David and Jane really need to be far more firm with her than they really are.

But then again, I have a similar issue with Arthur in "Pick a Car, Any Car": I know Arthur held a lot of sentimental value with the family car (a lot of kids do), but he intentionally disapproved of every single car the Reads looked at at Crosswire Motors... in fact, he kind of took advantage of his parents' deal that they wouldn't buy a new car unless all of them liked it. Finally, at the end of the day, David kind of shrugs it off, "Sorry, Ed. We'll try again next week, until then, we can make do with the catering van." Honestly, I really wish either David or Jane would have taken Arthur said, and give him a firm talking to about his behavior.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Eight-Three-One on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Yeah, now that I think of it, Pick a Car, Any Car was a pretty bad episode too for that reason. I still say Muffy Goes Metropolitan was worse by far, but I definitely see what frustrates you about that episode. It's been a long time since I've seen it and I have yet to make it there though (I actually have only made it through the second episode of the season, but I remember enough of it to stand by what I consider my worst episode).

Regarding the final scene of Muffy Goes Metropolitan, I will agree it was an enjoyable ending, but to get there takes way too long and since she never apologizes for how she acts, it doesn't redeem the episode in my eyes.
Mr. Eight-Three-One
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfLunchTomorrow on Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:28 pm

I kind of like Muffy goes Metropolitan because there were some really funny moments (Muffy obviously lying about having been to Crown City before, the poetry slam bit, etc.) but she is quite a bitch in that one. Like, even more than usual.
GhostOfLunchTomorrow
Shady Character
Shady Character

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:04 pm

I don't mind "Muffy Goes Metropolitan" either, once again, mainly because it's a golden oldie.

Plus, there's the classic cliche of her packing enough for an extended vacation.
MR. ARMSTRONG: You did tell her this was only a weekend trip, didn't you?
SUE ELLEN: I thought I did.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roabe on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:26 pm

Muffy has no obligation to apologize in an episode with "Muffy" in the title. queen

Another reason I liked MGM is because it expanded the show's universe beyond Elwood City. Also the scene-for-scene parody of the opening to That Girl.
Roabe
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Roabe wrote:Muffy has no obligation to apologize in an episode with "Muffy" in the title.  queen

Or an episode with anyone else's name in the title, for that matter.  queen

Muffy Goes Metropolitan was likewise one of my favorite Muffysodes - one in which she learns a valuable life lesson and shows a bit of character dynamic.  Her outcry at the end being interpreted as poetry also reinforced the notion that it's a lot more classy to just be yourself, even if it's not always high-brow and appropriate.  Art being found in a seemingly natural act of hers also paralleled her realization that Crown City was beautiful in more of a natural, everyday sort of way.  

The opening song alone was also one of the show's finest moments.  For comparison...

(0:47)
A Lotta Moms

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:10 pm

Despite being a classic TV fan, I've actually never really got to see much of THAT GIRL. I know it was on MeTV for a while, but I don't think it ever crossed my mind to check it out to see what it's like.

Interestingly enough, the first few times I saw the teaser of "Muffy Goes Metropolitan", my thinking was that it was a tribute to THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW opening . . . I think its opening was sort of similar to THAT GIRL, but I could be mistaken.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amerikkusu on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:38 pm

Aldi wrote:S1: I'd have to say "D.W. All Wet". D.W. really got under my skin in this one.
I got to agree, a quarter/third of D.W's lines were pleas for mercy or ear-destroying tantrums
Amerikkusu
Upstanding Citizen
Upstanding Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:48 pm

Arthurs perfect Christmas, it disturbed me that Arthur peed in his stocking and DW saw his bits i mean....wtf?
I dont like episodes which show francine in a bad light like Mac Frensky, it was muffys faullt she got in trouble, the same as Nerves of steal where Arthur got the blame for nothing.
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.wm3.org

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelandLuigi21 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:19 pm

That's a ripoff to the iron giant.
IsmaelandLuigi21
a rabbit
a rabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:13 pm

I will not count the Pal and Kate episodes, as I now skip them.
S1- Misfortune Teller: I never liked Prunella, and I found this to be a dumb plot
S2- DW Goes to Washington is narrowly beaten by DW's Very Bad Mood
S3- Attack of the Turbo Tibbles: (only because season 3 has no bad episodes and this one is just okay).
S4- Cannot Choose. I thought of saying "Buster's Breathless" for reasons on page 1 and 2, but I then realized it made none of the mistakes of the worst episode of the pre-9 story era.
S5- Muffy gets mature beating out the Cave: I dislike Muffy most the time, and I did not like most the characters in it.
S6- Prunella's Special Edition: Great season and I already disqualified the one everyone is putting for it. It relies too much on Potter references.
S7- Cast Away: The crying sounded so fake, and it was unpleasent to keep on watching.
S8- Vomitrocious: It nearly put me to sleep. At the time it is the worst episode of the series.
S9- Breezy Listening Blues: No episodes come to mind when going through the list, but I remember not liking it when I was 9.
S10- Unfinished: It made me think of bad stories in my Elementary readers for school htat laways had cliff hanger endings because the writers were too lazy to come up with an ending.
S11- Big Brother Binky: Promised to add more to the show, but Mei Lin is hardly seen again. I actually really liked Strangers on a Train.
S12- Match Maker Match Breaker: Dull, dull, and dull episode.
S13- A lot of Fern episodes, which is always good but also many bad episodes. The worst is the worst episode of the first fifteen seasons, and possibly the worst of Arthur History. "When Carl Met George." How do I start in expressing my hate for this episode. Perhaps with that when I was told by my family I hhad Aspergers all I could think was "Wasn't that the disease in the really boring and terrible episode of Arthur." All they did was make a stereotypicsal character that I related to slightly less than a table. The writers forgot that a disease does not make a character, but a character makes a representation of a disease. If I do not move on quick I will be here all day.
S14- Several. Wheel Deal takes bottom spot for similar reasons to the above. I do have this thing to say about everyone else's pick, In My Africa. I had to write a report on Equatorial Guinea (a nation so small and unknown that it did not have a wikipedia article just five years ago). All they said is it is near the equator. I did not turn the episode off for that.
S15- Whistling in the Wind: Making a big deal out of nothing.
S16- Based on A True Story for introducing She who shall not be named. Buster's Book Battle is the only good episode of this season.
S17- I refuse ot watch another episode centered on she who shall not be named. Molina's Muligan is the worst of season 17 that I have seen.
S18- All seem to be the same average quality. I will say Surprise is the worst
S19- Since I have only seen Busgter Isn't Buying It/One Ornery Critter "Critter" is currently the worst. I suspect MAria Speaks will become the worst.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:28 pm

matt?
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile