Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Marina Datillo Thread

Post by _Glaceon_VI on Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:24 pm

Omg wow...oh really?! affraid
_Glaceon_VI
ather imaginer
ather imaginer

Location : Francine Chan's bedroom full of ice cream. (ॢ◕ัڡ ◕ั ॢ)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:08 am

Very much. Speaking of real life Marina lookalikes (and since it's buried in another topic), I might as well go ahead and cross-link to it here -

http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com/t1429-patty-duke-passes-away#24616

A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:19 am

I remember we watched THE MIRACLE WORKER in Grade 6 English (or Language Arts, what have you) - the two scenes that stuck with me all these years were the egg scene (we were all grimacing at how those dirtied eggs that had been squished all over the floor were forced into her mouth), and the climax where she attempts to say "water." But come to think of it, I surprisingly never really thoughts of any similarities between Patty Duke's portrayal of Helen Keller and Marina . . . but, again, I hadn't seen the movie in about sixteen years . . . perhaps I should give it another watch again sometime.

But, knowing that Helen Keller was able to live a good life, despite being blind and deaf, and seeing commercials that show how blind people function as adults, sort of reinforces my opinion of another thread that Marina could still live a happy life into adulthood - for sure, there would be challenges ahead of her brought on by her disability, but we see that she accepts challenges, even if she doesn't want others to know she's being challenged (such as the unever bars). Being a bookworm, Marina could probably enjoy a career as an author, much like Helen . . . Marina could very well be a de facto Helen Keller of our time. She could possibly even be responsible for the next mega-selling fantasy series that gets the overblown Hollywood treatment down the line (Harry Potter, Twilight, you know what I'm talking about). Still, we know her dream of being an Olympic gymnast is canon, and since we've recently learned "The Tardy Tumbler" was written based on a true story, her dream could still become reality.

But I digress; definitely need to rewatch THE MIRACLE WORKER. I may not be too familiar with Patty Duke, but I am quite familiar with the late Anne Bancroft - wife of funnyman movie maker Mel Brooks; she wrote, directed, and co-starred in one of my all-time favorite movies: FATSO, starring the equally late and great Dom DeLuise.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:26 pm

Until stumbling upon that screenshot shortly after Patty Duke passed away, I remembered almost nothing of the movie.  I have to wonder if any other little "eureka" moments would pop out if I gave the movie a thorough watching and went over everything with a fine-toothed comb.  I'll have to exercise caution, though...if I get too inspired, I might find myself spending another month (or more) pasting and meticulously animating Arthur faces over live action footage.

At they very least, it'd be a good excuse to revive "Casting Arthur Characters."  Finally, any mention of Mel Brooks instantly conjures up this old classic:

A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:18 pm

I just wanna say about Marina that the Arthur animators should use her as an example of how celebrities should be Arthur-ized...not by just slapping Matt Damon's face on an aardvark head *brrr*

Seriously, for Marina, they made a streamlined combination of a human girl and a rabbit girl - how come they can't do that anymore?
ZeGermanArthurFan
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:47 pm

They have gotten really bad at the celebrity caricatures in recent years. Considering none of the characters in the Arthur-verse have irises in their eyes, given them to the celebrities somehow kind of gives them a sort of creepy, almost drug-induced look. Idena Menzel wasn't that great, but M.C. was perhaps the worst yet; I didn't even know who this B.J. guy was, but after looking him up, I have to say his caricature looked almost nothing like him. I don't know if it has something to do with the animators themselves, or whoever is designing the characters or what, but it just progressively gets worse with each new celebrity. Marc Brown looked pretty good in Fern's Imagine Spot in "Fern's Flights of Fancy."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:10 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:They have gotten really bad at the celebrity caricatures in recent years. Considering none of the characters in the Arthur-verse have irises in their eyes, given them to the celebrities somehow kind of gives them a sort of creepy, almost drug-induced look. Idena Menzel wasn't that great, but M.C. was perhaps the worst yet...
I've finally watched the "The Last Day" recently and I have to agree, although in my opinion it's really just the eyes they've given to that M.C. character that make him stick out so much. The therapist the Brain had to visit in "Shelter from the Storm" looked a lot worse since she basically had the body of a Barbie doll. Neutral
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WheeljackDude on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:29 pm

This should be the perfect PSA for Marina --

WheeljackDude
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:52 am

And then she goes and beats up the Tough Customers with her stick Daredevil style. Surprised
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:38 am

You gotta be kidding, they reformed AGAIN?! Is the Tough Consumers era over already?
ZeGermanArthurFan
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:51 am

Anyways, I watched "Three's A Crowd" last night, and until then I was firmly positive her last name was pronounced as 'Dah-tee-yo'.

I was wrong...
ZeGermanArthurFan
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:34 pm

I actually always pronounce it as "Dah-tee-loh". You know, cause I'm silly, and Russian, and stuff. Very Happy What interesting though is that hers is almost the only name from the entire cast of the series that one can encounter here. Oh, and "Arthur" too, I guess, but the pronounciation is different from the English way of saying it. Surprised
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:00 pm

shits r33na k? Marina Marina Marina
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:57 pm

I only discovered last night that Beulah McInnery's last name is also not pronounced as it looks.
I really wasn't expecting "Mackinary!"
ZeGermanArthurFan
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Wed May 31, 2017 1:41 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:Have Buster and Marina ever actually met each other? I know Buster asks about her in "Prunella See the Light," when he asks Prunie, "she's your friend whose blind, right?" That's an interesting pairing though; if Buster isn't the kind who thinks girls have cooties, I guess I could probably see him getting the hots for another bunneh as cute a r33na.

The fact that Marina's grown in popularity for a while makes me think that she's hardly an underrated character, lol. I think it would be kind of nice if she got her own episode where she's the main focus of her own story rather than being Prunie's sidekick; "The Tardy Tumbler" was a step in that direction, but the other great thing about that episode was it really expanded on her character. Yes, it's nice to show that Marina has a level of independence and likes people to know that she's capable of doing things for herself despite being blind, but they showed that she actually can feel burdened by her blindness at times with her fear of the uneven bars - that just added depth to the character.

In the new Arthur episode they do sit next to each other in "Prunella's Tent Of Portent" check it out. Buster Marina
Buster & Molly Lover
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile http://brannonburns@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:38 am

Better than that. Apparently Buster can just break into Marina's bedroom while she might still be in her PJs and no one even raises an eyebrow. Surprised
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:15 am

Buster see me im all up on ur bitch means imma rape her all I got for these hoes is d1ck duck tape and a stapler.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:37 am

Kerry9Story wrote:Buster see me im all up on ur bitch means imma rape her all I got for these hoes is d1ck duck tape and a stapler.

DAM! Shocked
Buster & Molly Lover
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:39 am

Coyote_Mao wrote:Better than that. Apparently Buster can just break into Marina's bedroom while she might still be in her PJs and no one even raises an eyebrow. Surprised

Boy that was something...Buster that horny rabbit. I love you
Buster & Molly Lover
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by fudgy brown sludge on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:28 pm

I am thinking that he should not be my favourite character any longer.
fudgy brown sludge
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:55 pm

fudgy brown sludge wrote:I am thinking that he should not be my favourite character any longer.
Why not? Surprised
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fudgy brown sludge on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:20 pm

for the things he does to the minds of others.
fudgy brown sludge
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:03 am

There seems to be a running theme with Buster and how he just sort of goes where he wants, takes what he wants, etc. without asking permission like as if it was completely natural.  Busting into Marina's room out of nowhere, busting into Arthur's house numerous times like he lives there, taking a variety of things that don't belong to him (including an ECPD police badge), keeping George's borrowed possessions indefinitely until it becomes a major issue, etc.  

The way it's presented, it's not like he's necessarily doing it out of ill intent, but it's more just how he views the world - as an idealized commune in which all property is inherently free for community use, and owned by no one.

Or maybe he's just a naughty rabbit.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeGermanArthurFan on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:27 am

A Lotta Moms wrote:Busting into Marina's room out of nowhere...busting into Arthur's house numerous times like he lives there
I guess that's why they call him BUSTER!
ZeGermanArthurFan
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote_Mao on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Oh no, you didn't!.. You didn't just go there, ZeGermanArthurFan! Razz
Coyote_Mao
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile