The Shipping Thread

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Shipping Thread

Post by squid on Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:13 pm

Ho ho ho! Homeless Santa here again! While checking things out around here, I noticed that we have two very similar threads for discussing pairings and shippings in the Bunnehs n Bears board, so I took the liberty of merging them together into one thread in my continued efforts to help keep the Slums in a state of organized chaos. Hope you enjoyed the coal I dumped in your stockings this year, stay naughty, but not too naughty!

The thread for shippings.
squid
Japanese School Girl
Japanese School Girl

View user profile http://jamesmedia.neocities.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shipping Thread

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:40 pm

There really hasn't been too much evidence amongst the characters and their interactions to support any kind of shipping as far as I'm concerned. I know a lot of people ship Arthur/Francine, and admittedly, I can kind of see a lil' something happening with Binky/Sue Ellen, but other than that.

I really can't bring myself to ship much at all anymore... being a part of the Alvin and The Chipmunks fandom, you wouldn't believe the flame wars that constantly erupt amongst shippers, there's an especially great divide between canon shippers and mixed shippers that grow to some absolutely ridiculous proportions... it's kind of killed any joy that may have been found in shipping, so I just don't ship anymore in any fandom, because of this kind of crap.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:02 pm

That sounds like a completely disturbing, but not-too-surprising situation.  I can't believe some people get so uptight about something so fun, simple and relaxed.  It's like I've told people about Arthur...it's a cartoon about talking animals.  It's not a hearing before the Supreme Court.  Exactly what is there for these people to be uptight and worked up about?

Well anyway, I hope everyone feels free to ship anything they want to any place in the world around here.   
We even offer free shipping.  jocolor
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:10 pm

A Lotta Moms wrote:
That sounds like a completely disturbing, but not-too-surprising situation. I can't believe some people get so uptight about something so fun, simple and relaxed. It's like I've told people about Arthur...it's a cartoon about talking animals. It's not a hearing before the Supreme Court. Exactly what is there for these people to be uptight and worked up about?
I know right? It got to a point where I actually ended up with an arch nemesis on deviantART because of it... though, our feud was so utter ridiculous that it was almost as if we had become the Angry Video Game Nerd and Nostalgia Critic of dA.
A Lotta Moms wrote:
We even offer free shipping.  jocolor
Oh darn it! I was just charge $19.95... and that was the shipping charge!  Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rummy on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:12 pm

I ship Buster and Arthur, because who knows what disturbing sex acts those two perform during there hang out time in Buster's messy room.

Then we have Muffy and Francine, as you guys pointed out, total lesbian city for these gals. Francine's the Butch and Muffy's department is pretty much self explanatory.

As for Brain, he would be in good company with a freshly baked bagel, nothing more after that just more bagels and cream cheese.

And then we finally have the most important shipping of them all - Binky and Mr. Ratburn, you could just smell this couple a hotel room away, the way Ratburn's eyes just gleam at the sight of Binky Barnes, you know somethings going to happen down the line. To bad for Ratburn that it's completely one sided, but maybe he likes a little challenge, after all, he is Mr. Ratburn and easy is not his forte (that's talking about in class and in bed).
Rummy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:44 pm

I second Francine and Muffy.  Seriously, they're so made for one another.  I'd imagine once they're a little older, Muffy might rebuke Francine's advances and feelings, only to regret it much later in life when she has ten screaming brats, a past-due mortgage and a lump in her left breast.

albino Arthur and Buster...well, let's just say that anyone and Buster doesn't summon very pleasant thoughts.  If he smells like week-old underwear with his clothes on, just imagine how he must smell when he takes it all off.  If he smells that much worse with it all off, just imagine how much worse even that would smell pressed up against you drenched in sweat, funk and bunny gunk.

*shivers*
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Roabe on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Of course Muffy would rebuke Francine's feelings, because she may already have it in for Fern.
Roabe
Very Bad Person
Very Bad Person

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BionicBunny on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:01 pm

You just blew my mind.

BionicBunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GrebeGoddess on Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:19 pm

I ship Buster and Ladonna so hard. They have so much in common - love to eat, life of the party - that they're literally "honey bunnies" made for each other. If Ladonna moves back to Louisiana at some point in the future, I could see her and Buster carrying a long distance relationship.

I imagine what would happen if the Francine/Muffy situation happened with Arthur and Buster. Like Buster would be the one to confess his feelings to Arthur, and Arthur would be the one repulsed by it. Maybe a little out of character, but interesting to think about...

I also ship DW and the Brain, and not just because of the parallels between them as pointed out by Crossover Dreamer. Look at every scene with them in it. The adoration in her voice whenever she mentions and talks to him (especially in The Perfect Brother and Prove It), and have you noticed that he tends to be the most patient with her? Furthermore, I thought about the episode placement of Arthur vs. Very Mean Crossing Guard/DW's Very Bad Mood. You know why DW was really in a bad mood? Because she didn't get to spend alone time with Brain in the previous episode. XD Something's gonna happen with those two down the line.
GrebeGoddess
The Murder Clown
The Murder Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:30 pm

Buster and Ladonna also seem to share the same flaws.  To start, both of them are full of nonsense.  With Buster, it's the result of all of his superstitions and overall odd thought process.  With Ladonna, it's because she's constantly spewing tall tales and exaggerations...even though she was supposed to have resolved the issue in Based on a True Story.  In a way, that makes her even funnier.  She just can't stop doing it, so everyone eventually just seems to have accepted it and moved on.   Very Happy  Also, they both seem to share a lack of proper hygeine.  We all know about Buster, since his bunnyfunk is legendary.  Now that Ladonna's told us about her smelly clothes in Pets and Pests, she and Buster are two peas in a pod...or more fittingly, two lint balls in a dirty sock.  

That's interesting about D.W. and Brain.  I never really thought about it until now, but she does seem surprisingly more tolerant of him than she is of pretty much everyone else.  I could also see her and James eventually getting together, in the sort of relationship where it works for D.W. because he's someone who she can push around and take advantage of.  James, by contrast, would accept the relationship because he just doesn't have the guts to ask anyone out who he's genuinely attracted to.  We've already seen D.W. coerce him into being her "boyfriend" and, most amusingly, almost her husband at one point.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Nope on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:58 pm

D.W's true soulmates are the Tibble Twins. They're all crazy and obnoxious so it'd work well.

Nope
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nope on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:36 pm

Lest we forget - the chicken and the bear.

Nope
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Discuss Some Of Your Favorite Arthur Pairings.

Post by Buster & Molly Lover on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:29 pm

I would love to hear some of your weird couple paring ideals for the show Arthur! here are some of mine.

Brain & Muffy- Don't know why? just love it!  Muffy

Sue Ellen & George- I think there so cute together.  Sue Ellen  George

Buster & Molly- I know it's strange but I guess it's because there rabbits.  Buster  Molly

Buster & Marina Detillo- I just love that ideal!  Buster  Marina

Prunella & Marina Detillo- Yep a good lesbian couple.  prunella  Marina

Buster & Prunella- I don't know, I also like that ideal!  Buster  prunella

Chip & Cathrerine- Because just in the episode Matchmaker!

Sue Ellen & Fern- Another good lesbian couple with a cat and a dog.  Sue Ellen

Arthur & Francine- Which actually does exist.  Arthur  Francine

Buster & Francine- I just loved it when Buster kissed her on the baseball field!  Buster  Francine

Rubella & Cathrerine- Just because there Prunella & Francine's older sisters.

Buster & Ladonna- I'm starting to dig that pairing!  Buster  Ladonna

That's all I got for now.

Last edited by Buster & Molly Lover on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:14 pm; edited 10 times in total
Buster & Molly Lover
Dirty Wizard
Dirty Wizard

View user profile http://brannonburns@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:01 pm

Moved to the Bunnehs n Bears board.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 磁計算機騎士 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:42 am

Buster & Molly Lover wrote:I would love to hear some of your weird couple paring ideals for the show Arthur! here are some of mine.
Are you asking for favorites or just weird ones? 'Cause mine don't overlap.
磁計算機騎士
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile http://wikia.com/w:c:arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by WatteauMasterDetective on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:45 am

Arthur & Sue Ellen (Initially Arthur & Francine, but I find Sue's character a little more peaceful for Arthur and Arthur's crush (in the books) was based on Marc Brown's crush anyway)

Buster & Muffy (For some reason I just find it cute)

Brain & Lydia (Double the smarts)

Fern & George (My fave ship and quite evident compared to the other ships. I mean, she had George as her partner in her story fantasies. They were seen together in the background before we knew Fern was a quiet character, so I guess that settles something. She had George as her partner in the square dance, at least the practice. And he joined with her in Brain's chess club and Muffy's story club.)

DW & James (Although I see DW closer to Bud, but I still think James is more appropriate for DW)

Maria & Alex (The two silent background characters often seen together XD)

Last edited by WatteauMasterDetective on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wanna add some detail)
WatteauMasterDetective
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:14 am

Here are some that I like to entertain from time to time:

Francine & Muffy.  I generally view Francine's attraction to Muffy as achingly one-sided and unrequited, with Francine yearning for Muffy to return her affections, but Muffy never quite being able to break through due to social/personal obstacles.  Although, in the brief moment that their minds meet, be it for a week or a mere five minutes, it sure makes for a beautiful pairing.

Arthur & Buster.  There are so many BFF moments between these two that bear elements of a deeper relationship, it's amazing.  Suffice it to say that a Barthur topic has been long in the works detailing all of this, and should see the light of day soon.  Like Muffine, but to perhaps a lesser extent, I picture Arthur being the hesitant one in this situation with Buster yearning for his affections.  More on this one later.  Wink

Buster & Ladonna.  This one doesn't seem to surface very often, but these two really do have a lot in common.  They're both sloppy and lacking in the hygiene department, they're both passionate about food, and they both seem to live in a bit of a fantasy world.  With Buster, it's due to his superstitious world view.  With Ladonna, it's due to her endless stream of nonsense and exaggeration.  Due to her manic energy level, I could picture Ladonna being the more assertive one in the relationship who's the first to initiate things, move things to the next level, etc.  Buster, being the lazy one, wouldn't have to worry about doing much work.  Something that gives me pause on this one, however, is the fact that they're so similar it might actually hinder them romantically and make their relationship more akin to that of siblings or BFF's after a while.

Molly & Arthur.  Based mostly on an extrapolation of Arthur Makes Waves, this is an interesting scenario that parallels the hidden friendship element of the episode.  Though I generally have a hard time picturing Molly in a relationship with anyone, I might be able to see them carrying on something more clandestine and behind-the-scenes from time to time.  I'd take it as less of a meaningful relationship, and more a series of wild flings.

D.W. & James.  As I see it, James is perfect for D.W. and amplifies the most amusing traits of her character.  She can be her domineering, pushy self all she wants against his sheepish, wishy-washy persona, and they'd both be perfectly happy with the situation.  That, and James may find D.W. particularly appealing on a psychoanalytic level due to her similarities to his de facto mother: http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com/t457-molly-james-mother-son?

Maria & Alex.  Side-by-side and united in silent obscurity, this one common pairing that I actually agree with.  I picture Alex as a bit of a troublemaker and underachiever, with Maria acting as a supportive, albeit sometimes exasperated, angel on his shoulder.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:40 pm

I always saw Alex and Maria as cousins... that could be me, though, but I always got the feeling they're somehow related to one another, hence they're almost always seen in the background together, and we see she talks to him.

That said, I always thought Binky and Sue Ellen made an interesting pair... already, their friendship is an interesting one, and has been since the events of "Bully for Binky." Take, for example, "Sue Ellen's Lost Diary," Binky thinks Sue Ellen has been writing about him in her diary, thinking that she's in love with him and that he's been ignoring her... then we have, "What Scared Sue Ellen?" when Sue Ellen finally decides to face whatever it is scaring them in the woods, Binky's the first one she rounds up when forming their posse. I'm almost certain they got the mutual irresistibles for each other.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:12 pm

I'm glad we're not the only ones who've been on to this one. Very Happy
I think the preponderance of the evidence is clear and convincing beyond a reasonable doubt.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by 磁計算機騎士 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:09 pm

Last edited by Magnezonomon on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The)
磁計算機騎士
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile http://wikia.com/w:c:arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:00 am

pr00n1e x f3LL4z cheers
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1ToughCustomer on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Definitely a supporter of Francine/Muffy here.. It just makes sense. Too much sense. There is definitely something going on between these two. Need I remind you of this? http://youtu.be/BF77WOvhA4I?t=3m9s ;P

I also recall the discussion on Muffy & Fern a while back and I enjoy that too. But more of a side thing rather than a main pairing... like maybe something that happened during one of the many periods where Muffy and Francine got in a fight LOL. Makes sense why Francine can't stand Fern most of the time Wink

Probably my favorite pairing right now is Molly/Fern. I can see Molly aggressively perusing a shy and flustered Fern, asking her to see a movie, slinging her arm around her confidently... pushing her against a wall... HEH. (in the process of drawing more of this pairing as well) Wink

Prunella/Marina.. this one is just obvious.

A random pairing I like is Binky with D.W. (older of course). From their interactions in episodes they seem to get along really really well and I can see them making a cute couple once D.W. is a bit older.

I have a hard time seeing Brain paired with anyone! He comes off as kindof cold and distant, I see him as more of an asexual type personally.

I'll add more if I think of 'em Smile

1ToughCustomer
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:17 pm

I can kind of see Brain paired with Fern, if only because they both are a little ahead of their years in terms of knowledge and intelligence compared to their peers, and as such, they could probably find one another relatable... but as mentioned, with Brain being so asexual, and Fern being so shy and withdrawn, I don't know how well it could work.

Molly, I see being more of a wanderer/drifter... outside the Tough Customers and caring for James, she seems to be a bit of a loner, so I can't really see her committing herself to any steady relationship... I think the most she might do is maybe sleep around a lot when she's older, but aside from that, I don't really think a steady relationship is really in her plans for life.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1ToughCustomer on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:28 pm

Yeah I can agree with Molly being a bit of a drifter. I could see her using Fern for her needs when its convenient for her, rather than a committed relationship all the time... much to the dismay of Fern's delicate emotions.
But I could also see her being a protective and committed girlfriend.. ready to punch anyone who so much as looks at Fern wrong ;P
1ToughCustomer
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:34 am

In all honesty, I really don't see how Arthur and Buster having their arms around each other really makes them a "pair," considering a lot of best friends do that... I mean, it really doesn't hold any weight to, say, Francine and Muffy prancing around in Heaven while cherubs rain flowers down on them, or Prunella and Marina sharing a soda at the movies.

However, there was one occasion where I found their action to be a little... odd... toward the end of "D.W., Dancing Queen:" unless they were in the army and helping a wounded buddy out of the line of fire, it just looked incredibly... peculiar, the way they just latch on to one another and wobble off stage.

That, and the only other time I can buy them being a pair is, "The Substitute Arthur," Buster totally acts like a heart-broken lover when Arthur leaves for just one weekend, I'm surprised he didn't pile up in bed and eat Cool Whip out of the container.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top