Admirable Animation #29: "April 9th"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Admirable Animation #29: "April 9th"

Post by Maxime on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:16 pm

i thought i'd share this video on an arthur episode by a reviewer i like. to give a bit of background, mr. enter started out with reviews of episodes of my little pony: friendship is magic. i'm not sure if he simply quit or isn't making anymore episodes at this time because new episodes of MLP are not airing now (i quit watching the show in the middle of the third season, so i have no idea of its current status.) anyway, he has two different series currently, admirable animations and animated atrocities. you can probably guess the topic by the titles, but respectively, he reviews shows from cartoons that are great and ones that suck. imo, his videos are must watches for another interested in animation
Maxime
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admirable Animation #29: "April 9th"

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:27 pm

Clearly, this guy gets it.  His comments are a very accurate reflection of the series as a whole.  Specifically, how it manages to frequently approach sometimes complicated moral/emotional situations, and make them understandable to viewers of all ages.  April 9th, Crushed, The Good Sport...they really managed to pull that off in a very genuine manner without feeling preachy or heavy-handed.  Indeed, that's a large part of what makes Arthur so great, and why so many older fans like us appreciate it over otherwise "grown up" shows.
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxime on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:23 pm

for that matter, i almost forgot, but though he likes arthur, he considered the arthur's big hit episode worthy of a spot on animated atrocities. i think it's fair to say that, considering how many episodes arthur has, there's bound to be a dud, and imo, his analysis of this one is pretty spot on, too, while i might not agree with all of it. either way, agree or not, i think it's safe to say that, as usual, his analysis is usually pretty fair, and at least there's a basis for his negative opinion. hell, i remembering finding myself frustrated with this episode as a kid. but enough from me, check it out for yourself if you'd like:

Maxime
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:19 pm

A lot of folks don't seem to much care for Arthur's Big Hit.  I personally got a big kick out of it, even if the course of events seemed a little misguided with Arthur learning his lesson only after receiving eye-for-an-eye treatment and D.W. facing no real consequences for breaking his plane.  For as much as I like early D.W. (for all the reasons so many people hate her), it was amusing to see her finally take a little punishment.  Just the way she broke the model plane and blamed Arthur for "building it all wrong" was one of her funniest moments in the entire series.  I also got a big kick out of Binky's inner struggle through the course of the episode, and the fact that this was really the first time we see Molly hijacking the gang's leadership and calling the shots.
A Lotta Moms

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top