Have You Ever Done Anything You Saw on ARTHUR?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have You Ever Done Anything You Saw on ARTHUR?

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:11 pm

Just curious if there's ever been anything you've done growing up that you were inspired to do from watching ARTHUR? I can actually think of at least three different things:

1. One year, I started a tradition based on, "The Short, Quick Summer," in which, like Arthur, I would make up a list of things I wanted to do over summer vacation... however, unlike Arthur's list, my list consisted of things that were a little more realistic. Razz I forget how many years I did it though, it may have been a couple at best.

2. In, "Arthur's Faraway Friend," the classic story of ROBIN HOOD inspired Arthur and Buster to write their own adventure book... I tried doing that with a couple of different friends on a couple of different occasions... nobody wanted to write a thrilling adventure book with me. Sad

3. Arthur made his own Bionic Bunny calendar in, "D.W.'s Perfect Wish," I actually made my own Courage the Cowardly Dog calendar one year... I can't exactly remember what I drew for every month, but I can remember a few off the top of my head...
March: Courage plants a flower for Muriel for spring.
April: Courage paints eggs for Easter.
May: That brain alien creature with the tentacles who spoke like, "Car broke? Phone yes?" frees Courage from classroom captivity since school ended.
June: Courage drools over a huge birthday cake, my birthday's in June.
August: Courage is given a stack of homework due in five seconds since school started back.
October: Eustace whips out his Ooga-Booga-Booga mask for Halloween
November: Courage, Muriel, Eustace, Ma, Dr. Vindaloo, Di Lung, and even some of the villains gather around for a Thanksgiving feast.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have You Ever Done Anything You Saw on ARTHUR?

Post by General Mung Beans on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:03 pm

To my everlasting shame the answer is yes. Most notably in second grade, inspired by "Love Notes for Muffy" (S2E16), I created two successive fake love letters from a boy to a girl in my class to the point that I think I quoted an Elvis song. They were both far more blatant and cheesy then the ones in the Arthur episode. I don't remember exactly what happened as a result although I wasn't punished for it.

General Mung Beans
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:31 am

Actually, this isn't so much something I did that I saw on ARTHUR, but rather, something I did that I eventually saw come up on ARTHUR.

You know how in "Tales from the Crib", D.W. kept sneaking out of bed to kind of explore the house in the middle of the night, and even when she spent the night with Vicita she did it again? When I was a kid and I'd spend the night at a friend's house, or go to a sleepover, I'd do the same thing! I'd actually sneak out of my sleeping bag, and prowl around the house in the middle of the night checking everything out. I remember on one such occasion, there was a large fish tank in my friend's house, and I'd sit and watch the fish, and if I heard anybody coming, I'd duck behind a side of the tank they couldn't see, wait for whoever it was to return to wherever they came from, then sneak back to my sleeping bag.

Ah, good times.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:44 pm

I still use the phrase "big whoop" from time to time. Can't recall which episode(s) it is heard in though.
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 磁計算機騎士 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:39 am

PrettyCoolStairs wrote:I still use the phrase "big whoop" from time to time. Can't recall which episode(s) it is heard in though.
"That's a Baby Show!" season 4, episode 10b.

At least, that's the only time I can remember.
磁計算機騎士
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile http://wikia.com/w:c:arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by BeanoMaster on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:56 pm

1. In 'Draw!' Mrs MacGrady said she would pour 'green gloop' over Francine. I threatened to do that to my brother once.

2. Same as Snowth with the writing a list of things to do in the Summer.

3. After 'Arthur's Almost Live Not Real Music Festival', I wanted to go to the library more.

A lot of the episodes make libraries seem more fun than they actually are. Razz
BeanoMaster
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top