Arthur Trivia.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arthur Trivia.

Post by Nope on Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:13 am

Arthur once big a lot now it don't


Last edited by InActive on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Nope
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

Posts : 550
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur Trivia.

Post by Aldi on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:39 pm

Fascinating trivia, nothing like the elementary things you'd find elsewhere. I applaud you!

Aldi
Shady Character
Shady Character

Posts : 32
Join date : 2014-11-29
Age : 817
Location : The Dark Ages

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur Trivia.

Post by Kerry9Story on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:53 pm

u made this up im sure -_-
avatar
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

Posts : 3483
Join date : 2014-03-14
Location : $ac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur Trivia.

Post by 磁計算機騎士 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:45 pm

About 20% of that is from GB's posts on ECC. However, that fact doesn't give credibility for the other 80%, so please keep this in mind.
avatar
磁計算機騎士
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

Posts : 243
Join date : 2014-08-21
Age : 868

View user profile http://wikia.com/w:c:arthur

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur Trivia.

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:39 am

knew it.
avatar
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

Posts : 3483
Join date : 2014-03-14
Location : $ac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur Trivia.

Post by Nope on Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:58 am

Thanks, Aldi. It'd be a pity if information regarding Arthur's production and plights were lost to time.

Now, Magnezomon and Kerry... what did our fathers tell us about assuming? What a Face

I don't recall any member named GB, but there was Earwig whom passed on some information that's been re-posted. I'm afraid he didn't get the memo for transitioning over to this forum, so it won't be possible to contact him.
Here's some guides for reference which I've sourced to base my statements on. I trust these will be of use - I wasn't going to link much originally, but since the topic has sparked some interest...

The first archives the Cinar tax scandal, and gives some detail regarding Arthur's fate. There are several articles over the matter, but here's one. I suppose it is compulsory to note that while Arthur survived, the same cannot be said for Cinar.
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/cinar-scandal/
Basic observation of the newer episodes' credits give confirmation to much of the staff hanging on - names such as Peter Hirsch, Dietrich Smith, Glen Berger, Kathy Waugh, and Greg Bailey still turn up on post-Cinar episodes. Those whom left over the years (Mr. Fallon) were not linked to the scandal.

Regarding the change of episode direction, The Boston Herald showcased an article regarding one of the more "educational" episodes "The Lousy Week"). Carol Greenwald was interviewed noting she pushed for it herself after experiencing the plight herself. It also touched on the changing voices, another issue that plagued the show (albeit separate from the Cinar thing).
I'm afraid I don't have an active link on-hand at this time thanks to TBH rearranging its website, but it was published on September 9, 2000 - perhaps one of you can dig it up again.

Brown was never crazy about merchandising the show for the same reasons mentioned above. Although it was initially kept to a minimum, it went beyond Brown's personal wishes. Another one of many articles that showcases this.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=tKZJAAAAIBAJ&sjid=GQ4NAAAAIBAJ&pg=6270%2C2790413

The change between characters with subtle issues and blatant tokenism requires no more study than the episodes themselves - compare "Buster Hits The Books" to "Arthur And Los Vecinos". There are several more articles out there on Google's newspaper archive or other sources that highlight virtually everything I've mentioned. Look it up.

Nope
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

Posts : 550
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur Trivia.

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:55 am

Binky's Barnes wrote:I'm afraid I don't have an active link on-hand at this time
knew it.
avatar
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

Posts : 3483
Join date : 2014-03-14
Location : $ac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur Trivia.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum