The Sucky Side of Fandoms

Go down

The Sucky Side of Fandoms Empty The Sucky Side of Fandoms

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Ho-ho-ho! This is a message from your friendly neighborhood Homeless Santa! I noticed the WHICH ARTHUR CHARACTER ARE YOU?!! thread had been derailed with a side topic discussion about how absurd and unjustly mean fandoms can be with people who have their own opinions that differ from the masses; as such, I've split that discussion into its own thread and moved it to Crossing the Border. Ho-ho-ho!

Francine Frensky wrote:I remember that one time when it seemed like all my friends were bullying me, too.  They kept laughing at me and drawing these stupid pictures that were supposed to be me, but they weren't, and...it was just about the worst time in my life.  

The Sucky Side of Fandoms Fran_Draw

I was so angry I wanted to hate them back, but my friend Molly gave me some good advice.  You know what she said?  She said that hating people back just makes them hate you even more, and before you know it, it's the Holocaust all over again.  Then she showed me some black and white pictures of all these skinny people.  Some even looked like me and my family.  It was the worst thing I ever had to look at.  I got really creeped out and started to cry.  Then she laughed, and told me that she hated me, too.  

I went home and cried some more. Sad

You know Francine. I had angry Sonic fanboys/fangirls draw hateful, crude drawings of me getting abused and killed. All because I proved SonAmy was genuine.

The Sucky Side of Fandoms Latest?cb=20141217205019The Sucky Side of Fandoms Latest?cb=20141217205048

Back to top Go down

The Sucky Side of Fandoms Empty Re: The Sucky Side of Fandoms

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:I've been cyberbullied before as well, it ain't kewl.

What for?

Back to top Go down

Post by Francine Frensky on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:48 pm

The Pop Cult Gamer wrote:You know Francine. I had angry Sonic fanboys/fangirls draw hateful, crude drawings of me getting abused and killed. All because I proved SonAmy was genuine.
I say give 'em a knuckle sandwich!  That's what I'd do.
Francine Frensky
Francine Frensky
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:03 pm

The Pop Cult Gamer wrote:

What for?
Lemme find a way to explain it...

Okay, even though Marina is really popular with the entire ARTHUR fandom right now, let's pretend she wasn't, in fact, let's pretend she's a Scrappy that everybody hated... yet, she was still a favorite of mine... I've had an entire fandom practically turn on me for being a fan of a Scrappy. That's just one example.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Francine Frensky wrote:
The Pop Cult Gamer wrote:You know Francine. I had angry Sonic fanboys/fangirls draw hateful, crude drawings of me getting abused and killed. All because I proved SonAmy was genuine.
I say give 'em a knuckle sandwich!  That's what I'd do.

If they were to do the stuff they did to me like defame me with bullsh*t lies, slander me through hateful drawings/groups/rants, steal my art (my artwork was stolen many times and used to insult me), etc. I would have kicked their asses if they did it to my in real life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:
The Pop Cult Gamer wrote:

What for?
Lemme find a way to explain it...

Okay, even though Marina is really popular with the entire ARTHUR fandom right now, let's pretend she wasn't, in fact, let's pretend she's a Scrappy that everybody hated... yet, she was still a favorite of mine... I've had an entire fandom practically turn on me for being a fan of a Scrappy. That's just one example.

God man, fanbases can be real babies sometimes. But no fanbase is as crazy as the Sonic fanbase. They are full of trouble making, selfish, disrespectful, hateful, sadistic, dishonest teenage punks. They don't care about other people's feelings and attack you for liking something different. They come onto your art or any of your work to disrespect you and write hateful comments. They sit on their computers ALL DAY LONG making rants about fictional things and defaming other people with lies they don't even KNOW in real life! They even when as far as to terrorize Jason Griffin (former voice actor of Sonic) and Roger Craig Smith (current voice actor of Sonic) with death threats demanding they give up his roles or else they would "kill" him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:05 pm

*Nods* Yup. Been there, done that. That's why at times, being a fan of something can be an unpleasant experience.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:12 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:*Nods* Yup. Been there, done that. That's why at times, being a fan of something can be an unpleasant experience.

Amy Rose haters attacked me for her being my favorite Sonic character. They even treated me worse about my Adult Amy Rose design from my universe of Sonic.The Sucky Side of Fandoms Latest?cb=20141110043446

I have a little crush on my Adult Amy design right here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Again, that's the same kind of thing I've gone through before: I had an entire forum turn on me once years ago for being a fan of a performer that the rest of the fandom apparently hates, so that made me a target.

Certain fandoms out there are full of jerks, and apparently from what I've seen, the Sonic fandom is one of those fandoms.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:35 am

The whole matter is so unfortunate.  I've also heard some pretty terrible things about certain corners of the Sonic community.  I think certain fan communities just suffer from severely regressed, severely intolerant individuals.  Fan communities should be about uniting with people who share a common interest in a show or medium, even if not everyone agrees on little details like which characters are the most interesting, which seasons are the best, which shippings make the most sense, etc.  Part of the fun is discussing different viewpoints, and coming to see the show from perspectives other than one's own.  I know that with Arthur, I've come to appreciate so much more about the show just by interacting with fans who've noticed various things that just completely flew over my head, or who've studied their favorite characters very closely over time and have helped me come to understand entirely new dimensions about them.        

If anything, I'm proud of liking some characters who aren't necessarily the most popular kids on the block.  Jenna and Maria, for instance.
A Lotta Moms
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:24 am

And oddly enough, Jenna is a Scrappy as fan as a number of fans out there are concerned... and sadly, mostly because she's an "ugly" character. Sad

And her bedwetting is her major concern right now... the poor little thing... Crying or Very sad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:58 pm

well jenna shoulnt be so mean, i member one time she aint want go hang out with her girls cause she all think she 2 good an shit or somthin, ass be dreamin bout winnin ski races an shit like she all $TU$$Y now all ridin elephants. rly she aint. i dunno dont like her cause shes mean i guess, she f4rt hella time too i bet -_-
Kerry9Story
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:And oddly enough, Jenna is a Scrappy as fan as a number of fans out there are concerned... and sadly, mostly because she's an "ugly" character. Sad

And her bedwetting is her major concern right now... the poor little thing... Crying or Very sad

I think they are being biased about Jenna. No Arthur character is really ugly. Amy Rose haters completely biased when it comes to Amy. They say she is ugly. She is NOT ugly even in her younger Sega design! They also say she is a slut and super "violent" character.

First of all, she is not a slut period. Not in her 12 year old Sega design nor my Adult 22 year old original design of Amy (the one you see above and in my profile pic) from my Sonic universe. Just because she wears a red dress and Wonder Woman boots doesn't make her a slut. It's funny how they don't say Rouge the Bat is a slut who is almost always exposing her breasts and excessive cleavage. Or Tikal the Echidna (Sonic Adventure) and Wave the Swallow (from the Sonic Riders games) are sluts who are exposing their midriffs and lots of skin-er I mean fur!

Second of all, she isn't even a violent character. She does have a temper but Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow (especially) and Silver the Hedgehog. Her Piko Piko Hammer is an unrealistic, cartoonish mallet. Shadow had a realistic gun and no one cared about that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:48 pm

well thats mean, need get theyre heads pounded.
Kerry9Story
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Kerry9Story wrote:well thats mean, need get theyre heads pounded.

Better yet, they should be thrown in a mental institution. If they are letting a fictional character bother them that bad? They need help! 

My 22 year old Adult Design of Amy you see above is beautiful! (Yea, I have a crush on my Adult Amy design.) That really saddens me that people would hate a character as wonderful as Amy. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 pm

It's even worse when there's a small handful of people who actually like those certain characters, and then turned on by the rest of the fandom for doing so.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:It's even worse when there's a small handful of people who actually like those certain characters, and then turned on by the rest of the fandom for doing so.

There is nothing wrong with Amy Rose being my favorite Sonic character. They need to respect that. There is also nothing wrong with me having a crush on my 22 year old Adult Amy Rose design from my Sonic universe. If I liked the 12 year old Sega design of Amy, then that is not okay. I know my Adult Amy design isn't real. It's not a serious crush, it's a cute celebrity kind of crush if I were to have one on Jennifer Lopez which I do have a crush on too. And that's not even a serious crush either. She can't be with me because she is 45 and I am only 20.

Back to top Go down

The Sucky Side of Fandoms Empty The Sucky Side of Fandoms

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:22 pm

And it's hypocritical on their part too, because honestly, who in the world hasn't had at least one crush on a fictional character growing up?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:17 am

Snowth Poogle wrote:And it's hypocritical on their part too, because honestly, who in the world hasn't had at least one crush on a fictional character growing up?

They have crushes on Shadow the Hedgehog you know and Sonic himself. They actually like his younger Sega design on top of that! Instead of an Adult design a fan would make like mine. Like I said, I had a crush on my Adult Amy design not the younger Sega design.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:19 am

so they like got some shithole place now for blowen sonic oats or some shit then start bein all mean erry fucken time somone come round be likin Amy instead?
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad  THIS shit wat needs happen:

The Sucky Side of Fandoms Amy_farts_on_cream_by_sonicgirlsroommates-d6rhr5g

then need get theyre fucken necks broke.
Kerry9Story
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:50 pm

Kerry9Story wrote:so they like got some shithole place now for blowen sonic oats or some shit then start bein all mean erry fucken time somone come round be likin Amy instead?
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad  THIS shit wat needs happen:

The Sucky Side of Fandoms Amy_farts_on_cream_by_sonicgirlsroommates-d6rhr5g

then need get theyre fucken necks broke.

Kerry, I only liked my Adult design of Amy. And all those peope gave me so much hell for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:44 pm

just sayin.
Kerry9Story
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content