Poor Ladonna.....

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Poor Ladonna.....

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:47 pm

thanks for the pics
Yes I remember seeing neil.
Emilys parents ARE shown in the episode where Binky babysits in season 16 is it? One is a monkey and the other a bunny I think...
Binky introduces her the world of wrestling.
Well with Molly and James, were they adopted out or have their parents split up?
they are both not bunnehs?
I always imagined they were taken out of foster care, hence Mollys rough round the edges demenour and a fantastic fanfic premise

Thanks, I think an episode about online dating would be good. A divorcee with an eight year old son finds a lovely guy but yeah at first shes afraid buster wont like him but he turns out to be a sweet and funny guy. Bitzi starts to realize she is only dating him or inviting him over for dinner because it keep buster happy and she would love a full time father for her beloved son but Buster gives her a hug and tells her its okay if she is not interested, he loves her and is happy with their situation. Bitzi is relieved but stays in contact with this man.... just as friends?
okay I might submit that!!!
Based on a true story.
Single mommies everywhere...who look for fathers for their kids.. (me)
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.fan fiction/jcrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:07 pm

Yeah, it's established one of Emily's parents is a monkey, and one's a bunneh, I just don't recall actually seeing them. As for Molly and James's parents, similarly, their father is a bunneh and their mother is a dog.

I'd go for it, I think it could have potential to be a really good episode.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:10 am

Why thank you for your encouragement.
U just post it on facebook right?
Theres a lot of posts they must have to read through but yeah ill give it a whirl Wink
I have a molly story up my sleeve
Agent of Rock~
Her mother was an alcoholic and left Molly and baby james at the adoption agency, hence the dog and bunneh parents take them in. The house is nice, it has a pool Very Happy
So yeah it starts with her being interviewed at age 30 and then it goes back....
its gonna be good and Molly centered

I also noticed Georges parents had total face reconstruction.
I watched the episode Where he did that long walk with his mute father who did not speak for some reason and he looked different from old Daddy but the mother looked different too, she sat in the car. His parents are people of few words
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:19 pm

Bump. ( not sure if this goes here anyways), I'm fine with it if people hate or dislike Ladonna  as long as they dont hate me for liking her ( and yes there are people who hate someone simply just because they like something they dont like which I find dumb)

Last edited by pokemonlover731 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:34 pm

Here are my problems with Ladonna
1. An annoying accent.
2. An annoying dialect.
3. Heavily informed ability (Constantly mentioned that she makes up wacky stories with it not being shown since season 16 and they were not wacky at all.
Overall she cannot single handedly ruin an episode (like I regrettably used to think) but I cannot name a single Ladonna scene I remember being good except Arthur comforting her in "Ladonna Compson, Party Animal."
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Salty on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:07 am

It's not really that she's a new character that makes me inclined to dislike her; it's the fact that she's such a forced character. In a show that's been running this long that has a small, but dedicated fanbase, people are bound to have their favorites. Then the writers create this new character who starts getting a lot of screen time. It's like the writers are holding up a giant neon sign behind her that says, "Please like this character!," while ignoring other characters that already have a dedicated fanbase. So of course there's going to be friction.
She's also pretty loud and abrasive, but not in a funny way, which makes her less endearing.
Salty
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:40 am

ikr? she like FA LA LA IM FROM THE SOUTH BLAHBLAHBLAH i guess she cant help it but still iont wish theyd do more bout shit liek friends@his house.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 am

From what I've seen it seems like the writers are cutting ladonna back to just mentions or a background character.
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Starry Moony on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:59 am

AHHHB LADONNA I HATE HER JSBSJDNSJZHAV

Lol. Jk, guys, jk.

I actually liked her character a lot at first. Partly because I helped create her. I had actually emailed the writers several times about adding a southern wacky bunny to the show. Admittedly I had wanted her to have other ACTUALLY underepresented characteristics, like she was homeschooled, or had an exceptionally large family. but we got Ladonna.

I liked her and hoped she'd be a good character. I grew to hate her.

She is a crappily conceived character. I'm from the south, and Ladonna rubbed me the wrong way because of her "southern" characteristics. I've seen this character before in many movies and tv, the 'southern' wacky rambling boy/girl with an almost indecipherable accent. Except in other shows they were actually endearing. Ladonna was just irritating. I tried to see through this, other annoying characters had gotten better with time. But the current writers have rarely shown this depth recently. And whenever I was watching recent episodes with her in them, it was just... Sad. It's was sad watching this character spaz out onscreen, begging to be liked even though she's a brand new character with characteristics that, beyond her premiere episode, truly aren't that interesting. And yet she was still being inserted into friendships, pushing aside characters that were already nuanced and funny and interesting. Replacing and rewriting, all for the sake of being 'new.' And its was sad, because that's basically what the show is doing now. Not to mention she was driving people away. Along with ALL the writing, and animation. People who used to at least tolerate the show when I talked about it hate me even mentioning it. My little siblings, the very fucking demographic the show is supposedly aimed at, never watch it anymore. They HATED Ladonna's, and the animation, and the writing. They hated it all and they aren't very old at all.

Ladonnas southern characteristics are insulting to most southerners, but we usually don't care. However Ladonna is so grating it is actually offensive. She is badly and overwritten, and she actively drives away people I show the show to. Not only is she a lazily written and annoying and insulting character, she is actively responsible for so much hate and indifference towards the show she might as well be 9story incarnate. If something really changes s20, ladonna could change my mind, but I have no idea how, and that's sad too. Like the show has dug itself a grave, and has no idea how to get out.

So that's why I think she is a bad character, and deserves all the hate she gets.
Wild Starry Moony
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:43 pm

Love her or hate her, she's definitely a hare.
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:16 pm

If you had to write Ladonna's character how would you write her charcter and how would have you introduced her?
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:31 pm

Preferably by not writing her and using older characters. For one there would be no accent, and she would not constantly talk. She could still be a Southerner (would it change a single thing is she was from any state in the deep south besides Louisiana?)
I would put the emphasis on her large family, Which is really completely ignored besides Bud. T.D.'s older sister in Martha Speaks is more important to the show than all of her other siblings. Give her a bad case of middle child syndrome where her family just always overshadows her.

MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Salty on Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:51 am

pokemonlover731 wrote:If you had to write Ladonna's character how would you write her charcter  and how would have you introduced her?

I'm inclined to agree with Wild Starry Moony, in that Ladonna is too much of a caricature or stereotype. If we had to have another Ladonna-centric episode, I'd like to see her do something that defies Southern stereotypes and helps develop her character. There also could've been an episode about Arthur and his friends learning a lesson about accepting someone who is different, has different cultural norms, or who comes from a different sociopolitical background.

I didn't mind her debut episode, because her rambling made sense in the context of the story, and it teaches a lesson about lying and friendship. But I feel like ever since then, the writers decided that Ladonna's tendency for hyperbole and to monopolize the conversation should be treated as a funny quirk instead of a character flaw, which has made her less likable. It's like they tried to make a female Buster, but more annoying, and without the same redeeming qualities.
Salty
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:00 am

The writers should at least try to develop her character more in season 20 And if i had to write ladonna's introduction I would of have had it were only arthur is her friend at first then slowly start gaining the trust of the others.
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:29 pm

pokemonlover731 wrote:The writers should at least try to develop her character more in season 20 And if i had to write ladonna's introduction I would of have had it were only arthur is her friend at first then slowly start gaining the trust of the others.
Or they could cut her (at least greatly reduce her role). When there are problems one way to fix it is to cut their losses similar to how Jenna did not speak for almost ten seasons. If the plots do not fit the characters then do not force the characters in.
If she had more defined flaws then they could focus on character development, which is normally very good. The problem is character development worked in the past because they did it with characters (Francine, Fern, Molly, Rattles, Binky, and others) who had well defined flaws. "Based on a True Story" portrayed her problems (lying and being overly concerned with her reputation) as more of a one time thing than a fault.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:26 pm

Salty wrote:It's not really that she's a new character that makes me inclined to dislike her; it's the fact that she's such a forced character. In a show that's been running this long that has a small, but dedicated fanbase, people are bound to have their favorites. Then the writers create this new character who starts getting a lot of screen time. It's like the writers are holding up a giant neon sign behind her that says, "Please like this character!," while ignoring other characters that already have a dedicated fanbase.
That's pretty much what I've said before. The show's introduced a slew of new characters over the years . . . as minor secondary characters. To introduce a new main character this late into the show's run and shoehorn her into the story the way they have just seems like really clumsy and haphazard execution.

Although I've said part of me automatically wants me to hate her for those very reasons, I just don't really have any contempt for her at all, though I'll agree she can be a tad too abrasive and brash at times.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:50 pm

Here is an idea on how they could have used her.  Do a season arc with her and introduce her as a member of a family that constantly moves, and everyone knows she will be gone soon.  Make some of the characters not want to befriend someone whom they will soon never see again, as they realize she does need friends in her time in Elwood City.
    I know it is hard to pull of arcs in shows for children 5-8, but they did it well in season 2 and tried in season 14.
Certainly not a guaranteed success, but I think it would have worked.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:11 pm

A Lotta Moms wrote:Love her or hate her, she's definitely a hare.

I just realized that's true from what I have seen. I have not seen anyone who is neutral about her
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:23 pm

A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dracula on Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:09 am

Count Dracula
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:03 pm

thx i just shit myself.
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:26 am

Um did he rip off her ear and eat it? Is that why she only has one?
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:40 am

im so scarred by that picture now
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:44 am

His offerings just keep getting more and more unsettling.  But then again, he is Count Dracula...
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonlover731 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:46 am

A Lotta Moms wrote:His offerings just keep getting more and more unsettling.  But then again, he is Count Dracula...

yeah count dracula was pretty much the kings of deaths
pokemonlover731
Wheeler Dealer
Wheeler Dealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top