Arthur's Perfect Christmas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arthur's Perfect Christmas

Post by MagicToolBox on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Merry Christmas, everyone! Very Happy Time to hit up YouTube (or your DVD player) and watch Arthur's Perfect Christmas!

I just scrolled through my local listings and saw that none of my local PBS stations (I have three, two of which air Arthur regularly) are airing APC this year. What a shame. Crying or Very sad It's actually my favorite animated Christmas special.

MagicToolBox
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur's Perfect Christmas

Post by Kerry9Story on Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:28 am

ok imember sein that one few yrs go but dont member so well mabbe or mabbe i din't? no fuck ok i seen it his uncl come ovr cause he an DW brake shit then buster mom they got this party an shit but he aint able sL33p cause hsi fucken mom keeps keep imh up. seen it bro
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MagicToolBox on Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:33 pm

So did APC air on TV for anyone?

MagicToolBox
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:38 pm

Unfortunately, it looks like our station didn't air it either.  Fortunately, I have my very own copy for occasions like this.  Smile  
I might sit back and watch it later, since I'd feel guilty letting a Christmas go by without giving it due respect.

I agree - definitely one of the best Christmas specials ever.  So many classic moments.
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:38 pm

Didn't air on my station this year. This press release for the kids holiday lineup didn't even include APC. http://www.pbs.org/about/news/archive/2014/pbs-kids-holiday/

Seems like this particular special always has weird and irregular scheduling year to year. I specifically recall one year several Christmases ago, when it was only aired once and it was at 2am Saturday night. Other years it seems like it plays constantly. I'm just glad I have a copy on the original VHS tape release. Smile

PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleyandPal96 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:51 pm

PrettyCoolStairs wrote:Didn't air on my station this year. This press release for the kids holiday lineup didn't even include APC. http://www.pbs.org/about/news/archive/2014/pbs-kids-holiday/

Seems like this particular special always has weird and irregular scheduling year to year. I specifically recall one year several Christmases ago, when it was only aired once and it was at 2am Saturday night. Other years it seems like it plays constantly. I'm just glad I have a copy on the original VHS tape release.  Smile

Speaking of tape, did you know the VHS came out before it aired on PBS?

MarleyandPal96
Wretched Bastard
Wretched Bastard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MagicToolBox on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:54 pm

I remember many years ago (around 2002), my PBS station aired it at 8 or 9 PM and weirdly enough, the rating that appears in the corner at the beginning of the show (which is normally TV-Y) said TV-PG. I guess someone didn't like the part where DW walked in on Arthur on the toilet. Razz

MagicToolBox
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:21 pm

MagicToolBox wrote:I remember many years ago (around 2002), my PBS station aired it at 8 or 9 PM and weirdly enough, the rating that appears in the corner at the beginning of the show (which is normally TV-Y) said TV-PG. I guess someone didn't like the part where DW walked in on Arthur on the toilet. Razz

Hmm yeah, I forgot about the primetime airtimes it had in the past. LOL @ the TV-PG rating. Actually, I remember loooong ago when I saw the TV-MA rating box shown during the theme song of a regular Arthur episode...obviously an error, but it made me and my brother laugh to see that on a kids show.
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1ToughCustomer on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:20 am

Watched it for the first time a few weeks ago, thought it was great and hilarious.

My favorite was definitely Muffy whining and crying about how much she missed Francine (after like what, a day of not seeing her? lol), definitely sealed the ship for me ;P
1ToughCustomer
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top