Now I Have a Reason for Checking Out Arthur's Missing Pal...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Now I Have a Reason for Checking Out Arthur's Missing Pal...

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:52 pm

Jody Gray did the music.

The same guy who composed the music for COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG (of which its awesome soundtrack is one of the things it's known for) did the music for this movie that's considered a blemish on the ARTHUR franchise.

Now I have a reason to actually check this thing out in its entirety, if only for the music.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now I Have a Reason for Checking Out Arthur's Missing Pal...

Post by 磁計算機騎士 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:14 pm

I don't remember much of the music itself because all the songs had words yet none of them were sung by the characters. Except Mary Moo Cow.

I watched it for the background characters, and I was quite amazed, but not in a good way. Besides the regular cast and the people they directly interact with, there are only 3 background characters that are reused in every scene (and that almost isn't an exaggeration). Two monkey children and a poodle lady. Granted, the live show scene had a lot of audience people, but none of them were in focus except for the three who were one row in front of D.W. and Jane. And guess who they were?
磁計算機騎士
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile http://wikia.com/w:c:arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:21 am

It's long been my suspicion that the redhead poodle lady was initially a Bitzi model that wound up getting slightly reworked and recast as a random pedestrian due to her part being cut out of the script.  All speculation, but I'll be damned if she didn't pass for Bitzi during that park scene where you see her from behind for a while...
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Eight-Three-One on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:00 pm

Just watched this movie today as part of my Arthur binge...and my word I completely forgot how bad this movie was. It's rife with so many problems...the bad animation, the bland plot, all of the voices being off besides a few...ugh, it's not a good watch.

However, on the subject of those background characters, I actually found out how many times they appear. Any time one or more of them appeared in a single shot, I counted it. All in all, they show up TEN TIMES (if you count both of the Mary Moo Cow appearances, anyway; if you don't, that's nine). And in one case the kids appear in two shots back-to-back! And no, I don't mean they're doing the same thing in both cases -- in one shot they're walking down the street, the second they're standing along a building next to a hopscotch drawing.
Mr. Eight-Three-One
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:11 am

shits from like 1992
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top