The Best Day Ever Disussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Best Day Ever Disussion

Post by Arthurfan21 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:29 am

What are your thoughts about this episode?

Arthurfan21
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Best Day Ever Disussion

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:45 pm

Copied and pasted.

Now as for "The Best Day Ever", while I generally like flashback episodes and clip shows, I was disappointed with this one, mostly because almost all of the dialogue in the flashbacks were redubbed by the new voice actors... I guess that's to avoid confusing kids watching as to why their voices would sound different in the same episode... and I haven't paid too much attention to the credits, but is Tabitha St. Germain voicing George this season? Not only did George sound like a girl, but Wally sounds like Martha (of MARTHA SPEAKS). Good entry overall, but again, the redubbing of the flashbacks lost some points with me.

I DID have myself having a "fangasm", as Sarge puts it, when watching Binky's flashback (okay, I admit, I never watched the actual episode), because when Binky was trying to do the Monkey Face for Mei Lin in the restaurant before Arthur showed up, I heard the exact same music that's been used on COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG for Di Lung (the Asian punk who would yell, "Watch where you're goin' ya foo!")... I guess it must be production music or something.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:35 am

Watching "Best Day Ever," I found myself wondering if it was planned as a possible final episode just in case the show wasn't renewed for additional seasons.  Though it would have been a bit understated for a series finale, the way it looks back and reminisces about various moments throughout the show's entire run made it feel that way.  If it was planned out during a period of uncertainty regarding the show's future, the fact that it isn't too blatant about being a finale also figures.

I was a bit surprised (though not unpleasantly) that Sue Ellen and George were featured for flashback sequences instead of more prominent regulars like Francine and Muffy.  
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:07 pm

A Lotta Moms wrote:Watching "Best Day Ever," I found myself wondering if it was planned as a possible final episode just in case the show wasn't renewed for additional seasons.
Interestingly, I remember feeling the same way back when "April 9th" first aired. . . . I don't know, there was just something about the plot, the story structure, the dialogue, and everything else that just made it feel like the end - particularly when we transition from Buster playing the accordian to Sue Ellen writing an entry in her new journal. For some reason, to me, that all just screamed finale.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:27 am

True, true.  I anticipate Shelter From the Storm will likely give off the same feel.
A Lotta Moms

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum