Directors Cut discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Directors Cut discussion

Post by Arthurfan21 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:09 pm

This is a discussion about the episode Directors Cut. Feel free to discuss your thoughts about this episode and how it compares to Arthur Makes a Movie and Agent of Change.

Arthurfan21
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Directors Cut discussion

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Speaking from a producer's standpoint, I can tell you how surprisingly relatable and believeable "Director's Cut" is: I've had situations before where I'm going to film something, and everybody just has to throw in their own little notes and then take it personally when you dismiss them because they defer you away from your project. You can listen to what your people have to say and consider their input what they have to remember it's your project, and they all have to cooperate and be on the same page as you.

"Arthur Makes a Movie" is a much more fun episode though, because it reminds me of carefree childhood days when camcorders weren't exactly common household items, and whenever you had access to one, the first thing you wanted to do is get together with your friends, goof-off with it and make your own "movies", which were obviously terrible, but you thought it was gold. I remember getting a really terrible, low-quality camcorder as a Christmas present when I was a kid, and my cousin and I played around with it, just acting like a couple of idiots, and we ended up making four "episodes" of our own "TV show", lol.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top