Framed discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Framed discussion

Post by Arthurfan21 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:44 am

What are you thoughts about this episode.

Arthurfan21
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Framed discussion

Post by A Lotta Moms on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:17 am

I really enjoyed getting a glimpse of Buster's artistic side.  I like to think that all of the strange, alien-like renditions he did weren't just him taking artistic license, but depictions of reality as he actually sees it.
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:13 pm

Knowing Buster, I could very well believe that his alien art is indeed his interpretation of reality as he sees it. His interpretation of Arthur, for example, actually reminds me a lot of my gal, because she's got similar qualities: transparent (has nothing to hide), bit heart, glasses, etc.

But what I enjoy most about this episode isn't so much Buster's art (which is enjoyable), but the idea that his art is misunderstood, and given how unrefined Muffy's tastes are as far as art is concerned (remember how disinterested she was in Arthur Ganson's kinetic sculptures?), it created for some really believeable conflict: Buster was merely painting Muffy in a representation of how he sees her, but Muffy being Muffy and not understanding art, just doesn't see it and thinks his paintings are just plain weird. I also love Buster's Imagine Spot: I, for one, see a librarian in that painting. Razz

For my own self, this is pretty much why whenever I try to draw real people, I just caricaturize and stylize them - I've never been too good at drawing real people, especially when it comes to features like noses and chins.

Last edited by Snowth Poogle on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:07 am

Buster does paint really well for his age. But however, Buster should try to go out of his comfort zone once in awhile. If Buster hears people say his art is "crude", "childish", "ugly", etc. He needs to ignore it.

And for Muffy this is what I got to say "Art IS art no matter the quality. There is no such thing as perfect art and there never will be."

^^Another thing too is Muffy is a good character. There isn't anything that needs to be changed. If I were to talk to Marc Brown and Greg Bailey, I would tell them that her character is fine the way it is. You don't want a perfect character because they wouldn't even be considered a character at all! The reason why I say this is because I said art will never be perfect.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:39 am

seen it i think scratch
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content