She's Deep Thought
TheoDW
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 19

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed May 06, 2015 2:08 pm

Judging by the screencaps already uploaded to the Wiki, I almost get the assumption that like "Speak Up, Francine", this is another episode about fear of public speaking: I notice in more than a few shots, she has a look of horror on her face with her hands over her mouth. It also looks like she aspires to be a news anchor, again, based on the screencaps I see.

Also looks like she and Jenna are close friends.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 磁計算機騎士 on Wed May 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:Judging by the screencaps already uploaded to the Wiki, I almost get the assumption that like "Speak Up, Francine", this is another episode about fear of public speaking:
I watched the episode in Korean, and the dialogue reveals something that pictures cannot: Maria stutters.

I'm not sure if that's the cause of her shyness, or vice versa, but since she goes to a speech therapist at one point, I would believe it is some kind of condition. Similar to George's dyslexia episode. However, I might be wrong, since I did not have the dialogue.

Also,
so much speculation potential from one picture:

FISH
BOOKS
BUTTERFLIES
GLOBE
GUITAR
PICTURE OF SOMEONE
PLUSH TOYS
HAT
MYSTERIOUS PURPLE JAR

And also,
she has a last name now:
At least, I'm pretty sure she does. The Korean accents made it difficult.

Now that it's been released in Australia, I'm sure someone can take a screenshot of the closed captions in English.

Last edited by Magnezonomon on Wed May 06, 2015 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the)
磁計算機騎士
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile http://wikia.com/w:c:arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelandLuigi21 on Thu May 07, 2015 12:50 am

The last day might be the series finale.
IsmaelandLuigi21
a rabbit
a rabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu May 07, 2015 1:19 am

It might be, but will still don't know for sure. We have two confirmed reports from Greg and WGBH that the next writing meeting will be in June or July, and that's when they will learn whether the show has been renewed or canceled.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nope on Thu May 07, 2015 1:29 am

It was my impression that Arthur was keeping up enough ratings to warrant another season, even if it's long since past its late 90's heyday. What a wonderful kind of day... hey... heyday... Yeaaaaaaah. clown

I'm still a tad concerned at how Odd Squad ate up half of Arthur's hour slot. I was sure they'd change the schedule but so far nothing.

Nope
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu May 07, 2015 1:31 am

I think the back-to-back airings of ARTHUR was just a summer thing, I could be wrong, but wasn't ODD SQUAD added as part of the new fall lineup? That probably had something to do with it, I dunno, but that could explain it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nope on Thu May 07, 2015 1:45 am

They're still doing hour back-to-back airings of most programs on our PBS affiliates - George, Kratt Bros., Dinosaur Train, Peg + Cat, and Daniel Tiger. Thomas gets an hour special next week which is oddly thrilling as it's based on one of the ancient books.

So long as Arthur isn't relegated to the death shift, then all is well I suppose. Caillou and Barney (EWWWWGH) usually take up the death shift, airing early in the morning to fill in time before the main schedule begins.

Nope
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelandLuigi21 on Thu May 07, 2015 2:00 pm

That answer is a good question.
IsmaelandLuigi21
a rabbit
a rabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Thu May 21, 2015 9:23 pm

Binky's Barnes wrote:So long as Arthur isn't relegated to the death shift, then all is well I suppose. Caillou and Barney (EWWWWGH) usually take up the death shift, airing early in the morning to fill in time before the main schedule begins.

Caillou has inherited the dreaded 6:00am time slot in my area, the same time slot that killed off Sid the Science Kid and Clifford the Big Red Dog most recently. Interestingly (and unfortunately), on the national PBS schedule, Arthur is already at 6:30am.

Hate to say it, but I keep spotting more and more signs that Arthur is seeing its final days...if not now, soon.

There is another scheduling "technique" I've seen PBS use with other series that are no longer in production. PBS will tend to save the last few remaining "new" un-aired episodes and spread them out for as long as they can without having the program go too terribly long without a new episode. I remember this happening with the Cat in the Hat, Dinosaur Train, Super Why, the list goes on. Unfortunately, it appears Arthur is taking this same route... especially since we're now meshing together Seasons 18 and 19 in terms of episode premiere dates.

Now of course, those other series I mentioned are not exactly "classics" like Arthur has proved to be, and many local stations still air these particular shows in reruns. I know Mister Rogers' Neighborhood was for sure a staple PBS series, and it remained in reruns for several years after the final episode premiered. I'd imagine that Arthur would follow suit, so maybe there is a glimmer of hope. Smile
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelandLuigi21 on Fri May 22, 2015 12:29 am

That's not good.
IsmaelandLuigi21
a rabbit
a rabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri May 22, 2015 11:38 am

Well, again, we'll know something definite in the next month or two.

Even if ARTHUR is on the verge of the end, again, I still think they should go for at least one more season and have Season 20 close the show with a bang.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelandLuigi21 on Fri May 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Season 18 is delayed still.
IsmaelandLuigi21
a rabbit
a rabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri May 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Looking at the current schedule for the next two months, here's what we're looking at in terms of unaired episodes:

June 1 and 4 - #1809 "The Pageant Pickle / Some Assembly Required"
June 2 and 5 - #1905 "Buster Isn't Buying It / One Ornery Critter"
June 3 - #1908 "Francine's Cleats of Strength / Little Miss Meanie"
July 7 - #1807 "Two Minutes / Messy Dress Mess"

That's quite a jump ahead to showing an episode that's close to the end of next season. So we're still missing three episodes from Season 18 - one of which was supposed to be the big deal episode "Shelter from the Storm".

Also looking at the schedule, with the exception of next week's repeats of the already-aired Season 18 episodes, and Season 16 halfway through July, we otherwise have absolutely no good episodes to look forward to for the next two months in terms of reruns. All Season 9, 10, and 15 reruns.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelandLuigi21 on Sat May 23, 2015 12:24 am

Shelter from the storm most likely aired during the honor of hurricane Katrina.
IsmaelandLuigi21
a rabbit
a rabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sun May 24, 2015 12:33 am

Okay, this is odd.

Google is saying that "The Pageant Pickle / Some Assembly Required" is #1806 and that "Buster Isn't Buying It / One Ornery Critter" is #1807.

PBS and sources from Greg and others contradict this, but I've noticed that this isn't an unusual occurence with some PBS shows. Case in point: WIMZIE'S HOUSE was another Canadian co-production between PBS and Cinar (Sonja Ball, Bruce Dinsmore, and Silly Holly also lent their voices to this show); Cinar produced over 100 episodes spanning two long seasons (and they aired as such in Canada), however, PBS only broadcasted 65 (I think) of those episodes and randomized them into three shorter seasons.

I'm not saying this is what's going on with ARTHUR, but there's still a lot of confusion going on with the remaining unaired episodes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelandLuigi21 on Sun May 24, 2015 1:31 am

It is odd.
IsmaelandLuigi21
a rabbit
a rabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthurfan21 on Tue May 26, 2015 11:46 am

PrettyCoolStairs wrote:
Binky's Barnes wrote:So long as Arthur isn't relegated to the death shift, then all is well I suppose. Caillou and Barney (EWWWWGH) usually take up the death shift, airing early in the morning to fill in time before the main schedule begins.

Caillou has inherited the dreaded 6:00am time slot in my area, the same time slot that killed off Sid the Science Kid and Clifford the Big Red Dog most recently. Interestingly (and unfortunately), on the national PBS schedule, Arthur is already at 6:30am.

Hate to say it, but I keep spotting more and more signs that Arthur is seeing its final days...if not now, soon.

There is another scheduling "technique" I've seen PBS use with other series that are no longer in production. PBS will tend to save the last few remaining "new" un-aired episodes and spread them out for as long as they can without having the program go too terribly long without a new episode. I remember this happening with the Cat in the Hat, Dinosaur Train, Super Why, the list goes on. Unfortunately, it appears Arthur is taking this same route... especially since we're now meshing together Seasons 18 and 19 in terms of episode premiere dates.

Now of course, those other series I mentioned are not exactly "classics" like Arthur has proved to be, and many local stations still air these particular shows in reruns. I know Mister Rogers' Neighborhood was for sure a staple PBS series, and it remained in reruns for several years after the final episode premiered. I'd imagine that Arthur would follow suit, so maybe there is a glimmer of hope. Smile
Yeah I don't understand PBS's haphazard way of airing new episodes of Arthur (ie randomly airing them on certain dates instead of the Monday through Friday route and filling the void with reruns of episodes that viewers have seen countless times already).  As for Caiou and Barney, the only reason those shows are in that early morning death slot is because not that many people watch those shows anymore and and the animation of Caiou had gotten really lousy, due to the fact that Cookie Jar Entertainment was on its last legs before shutting down.

Arthurfan21
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelandLuigi21 on Tue May 26, 2015 2:27 pm

That's true.
IsmaelandLuigi21
a rabbit
a rabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BeanoMaster on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:47 pm

I'm praying that Season 19 isn't the last season.
BeanoMaster
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelandLuigi21 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:23 pm

It might be.
IsmaelandLuigi21
a rabbit
a rabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BeanoMaster on Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:13 pm

IsmaelandLuigi21 wrote:It might be.
I did hear ages ago somewhere that Marc Brown is working on a spin-off with George. I can't find it now.
BeanoMaster
Shady Character
Shady Character

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelandLuigi21 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:29 am

That idea has been canceled.
IsmaelandLuigi21
a rabbit
a rabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:24 am

I heard ages ago that Marc Brown was working on a Muffy spin-off, too. I think they were all just rumors. Sad
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheoDW on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:40 am

CMSAB11 wrote:I heard ages ago that Marc Brown was working on a Muffy spin-off, too. I think they were all just rumors. Sad
Keeping Up with the Krosswires?
TheoDW
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top