PBS Pulling ARTHUR Vids from YouTube

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PBS Pulling ARTHUR Vids from YouTube

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:12 pm

Uploads of ARTHUR episodes going through mass deletion is nothing new under the sun, WGBH does this every once in a while whenever they find uploads of new episodes that have yet to air in the U.S. then go on deleting all ARTHUR episodes they can find.

Well now, ARTHUR episodes are going through another mass deletion on YT, but this time around, WGBH isn't the culprit; PBS is. It would seem that PBS is pulling down any and all full episode uploads they can, but are now offering full episodes of the show on their own channel . . . for a price.

So, just a heads up for anybody, in case you're no longer able to find the episodes you want to watch, or have episodes you've posted that you might want to keep an eye on.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PBS Pulling ARTHUR Vids from YouTube

Post by Nope on Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:05 pm

PBS is within their rights to do this, no matter how obnoxious it seems. The real gripe is that they'd never offer a way to watch older episodes from the early days. If they're finally offering the older episodes now then I guess it isn't so annoying.

Nope
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheoDW on Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Maybe they're preparing a little surprise:
For the last 2 months or so, they've been posting very old episodes on the PBS website (I'm talking about S1 and S2 eps).

They might be getting ready to release a full series digital box or something for the 20th anniversary.

Getting clean screenshots will be priceless.
TheoDW
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:11 pm

I wouldn't get my hopes up, this is a common practice among networks and studios now to offer full episodes of their shows on YouTube, but you have to pay to watch them - I guess PBS probably decided to jump on the bandwagon.

In the older days of YT, Sesame Workshop actually didn't mind people uploading their content, even full episodes from much older episodes like from the 70s and 80s, but then within the last couple of years or so they started striking people who uploaded full episodes (they apparently don't mind individual sketches and inserts) and offer full episodes by season on YT.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheoDW on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:I wouldn't get my hopes up, this is a common practice among networks and studios now to offer full episodes of their shows on YouTube, but you have to pay to watch them - I guess PBS probably decided to jump on the bandwagon.
I understand them trying to monetize their assets, and there's nothing wrong with that at all.
But they might be doing a test run to get everything up in some modern media, be it iTunes, Google, Amazon or DVD/Blu-Ray.
A few weeks ago they also updated the artwork for the seasons available on iTunes, but they look kinda awful.
TheoDW
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top