Arthur Parodies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arthur Parodies?

Post by Nope on Fri May 15, 2015 4:25 pm

For all the parodies Arthur has pulled off, did any TV program ever parody Arthur itself? Anyone would think a cartoon that stars talking humanized animals would be ripe parody material... but I cannot recall anything myself.

Nope
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Arthur Parodies?

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri May 15, 2015 6:07 pm

Not really a parody, but years ago my favorite webcomic poked fun at Arthur's "reverse puberty" voice:

http://idget.comicgenesis.com/d/20051108.html

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 磁計算機騎士 on Sat May 16, 2015 4:01 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:Not really a parody, but years ago my favorite webcomic poked fun at Arthur's "reverse puberty" voice:

The Arthur voice from 2005? I agree. His voice was too high. My favorite is actually the Arthur voice actor right before that one.
磁計算機騎士
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile http://wikia.com/w:c:arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Sat May 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Magnezonomon wrote:
Snowth Poogle wrote:Not really a parody, but years ago my favorite webcomic poked fun at Arthur's "reverse puberty" voice:

The Arthur voice from 2005? I agree. His voice was too high. My favorite is actually the Arthur voice actor right before that one.

I agree too. But Season 9-11 wasn't the worst. It was Dallas Jokic from Seasons 12-15.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sat May 16, 2015 7:20 pm

I third the emotion: Mark Rendall (Seasons 7-Cool sounded the closest to Michael Yarmush's original voice than any of the other voice actors since. Arthur's voice from Seasons 9 to 15 was way too soft and high for the character; Arthur's Season 16 and 17 voice wasn't too bad, but like Hubert pointed out, something about the way he talked - his speech patterns, inflections, etc. - sounded a lot like Brain; Arthur's current voice makes him sound like a girl. D.W.'s current voice actually sounds almost like Michael Caloz!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nope on Sun May 17, 2015 9:53 am

Haha - I remember Arthur's unpuberty and how big a stir it caused. The problem was simple: they hired a certain Justin Bradley to emulate post-puberty Michael Yarmush, but decided to go back and find Mark Rendall who sounded more like pre-puberty Yarmush. If memory serves, all of the Bradley episodes were dubbed over with Rendall's lines. It's said people thought Bradley sounded "too whiny" but I don't see how this can be: he simply sounds too old instead.

Rendall did a fine job, but every Arthur after him just sounds wrong. One of them sounds more like D.W. if I must say. But to add to injury, Arthur acts wrong too. He's no longer a nerdy bookworm who embraces reading. He's just - meh.

D.W. now sounds OK but she's totally neutered as a character. What happened to the D.W. that got lost in the supermarket for 5 minutes and practically went on an adventure to get back before mom noticed? Where's the D.W. that thought she was going to die from a green potato chip? I guess the aliens got her, too.

Nope
Carl Winslow
Carl Winslow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sun May 17, 2015 11:53 am

Binky's Barnes wrote:He's no longer a nerdy bookworm who embraces reading. He's just - meh.
Actually . . . yes, I agree, Arthur has really become such a bland, static character, I think I may actually see why we hardly get any stories centered around him anymore, the writers probably don't know what more they can do with him, and write for his friends or D.W.'s friends instead since there's more potential for character development there.

I mean the last time we got an episode about Arthur, he was totally out of character (and so was Sue Ellen for that matter).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheoDW on Sun May 17, 2015 7:05 pm

Binky's Barnes wrote:Haha - I remember Arthur's unpuberty and how big a stir it caused. The problem was simple: they hired a certain Justin Bradley to emulate post-puberty Michael Yarmush, but decided to go back and find Mark Rendall who sounded more like pre-puberty Yarmush. If memory serves, all of the Bradley episodes were dubbed over with Rendall's lines. It's said people thought Bradley sounded "too whiny" but I don't see how this can be: he simply sounds too old instead.

All of Season 6.

Yeah, I remember Bradley. He was fine, but in his episodes, he sounds way too much like George.

Snowth Poogle wrote:Actually . . . yes, I agree, Arthur has really become such a bland, static character, I think I may actually see why we hardly get any stories centered around him anymore, the writers probably don't know what more they can do with him, and write for his friends or D.W.'s friends instead since there's more potential for character development there.

I mean the last time we got an episode about Arthur, he was totally out of character (and so was Sue Ellen for that matter).

Maybe it's time to turn the series into "Elwood!"
TheoDW
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top