Turquoise Username aka "Quite Dead" Means Banned Users

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Turquoise Username aka "Quite Dead" Means Banned Users

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:11 pm

You are not bullying, just overreacting and we are here to have a good time Very Happy
The slums is for fun
I just listen to what ALM says and Meg also had no problem with the diaper stuff or K3RRYs posts but If snowthpoogle and one or two others do then its nothing to do with us other than the mods
I think K3RRYS fun and her posts are not to be taken seriously XDXD
The change of banned members statuses to "poopy" as nothing to do with Kerry or Snowth. Lotta and Rummy have the final say and the Slums, from what I read last year from different posts was a fun place where people had fun and tossed around different ideas and posted weird but funny screen caps and pictures of characters they found attractive
humanized or anthro, people are going to like both, Some people fawn over them, others appreciate the art but do not wanna do anything so to speak with them....
So, I would just leave it.
Who cares?
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.wm3.org

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:28 pm

Okay. But will you guys forgive me for overreacting?
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:29 pm

Off course
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Thanks. But can Snowth Poogle, A Lotta Moms and CMSAB11 forgive me?
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:50 pm

I'd thought that my previous post in this topic would have made it clear what was acceptable here and what was not.  While I don't have time to follow up in a very detailed manner tonight, I will be doing so in the very near future.

Suffice it to say, I'm not a happy rabbit.
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:04 pm

A Lotta Moms wrote:I'd thought that my previous post in this topic would have made it clear what was acceptable here and what was not.  While I don't have time to follow up in a very detailed manner tonight, I will be doing so in the very near future.

Suffice it to say, I'm not a happy rabbit.

I am sorry. I just hope you would forgive me?
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 pm

The atmosphere around here has become way too uptight. This is not the Slums that Rummy and I founded.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:10 pm

A Lotta Moms wrote:The atmosphere around here has become way too uptight.  This is not the Slums that Rummy and I founded.  

I am acknowledging that overreactive behavior and vindictiveness is not acceptable. I will make me look like a crazy person that can't wake up and spell the coffee. It would also get me into ALOT of trouble. It will also turn off people too. Just because idiots on the Internet were like that to me doesn't make it cool or okay to be like that.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:55 pm

A Lotta Moms wrote:The atmosphere around here has become way too uptight.  This is not the Slums that Rummy and I founded.  

Sorry Sad

ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:03 pm

There's no need to apologize, JC.  You've done nothing wrong, and have always supported and understood the atmosphere of the Slums.  Unfortunately, I can't necessarily say the same for everyone else.

We're just very disappointed right now.  Very, very disappointed.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:04 am

Ok Moms, I shall remain quiet until this is over with but I do hope you are okay Sad

Keep calm and K3RRY on xxxxx
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:19 am

A Lotta Moms wrote:There's no need to apologize, JC.  You've done nothing wrong, and have always supported and understood the atmosphere of the Slums.  Unfortunately, I can't necessarily say the same for everyone else.

We're just very disappointed right now.  Very, very disappointed.

Look, I am sorry. I shouldn't have been overreactive. It's not okay to be like that just because other people were like that. I wouldn't jump off a cliff just because they did it. The point is, just because Sonic fans are overreactive doesn't make it okay.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:10 pm

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time."

-John Lydgate.

I didn't think I'd have to type up another epic-length post laying down the rules and explaining the 1001 reasons why the Slums of Elwood is The Slums of Elwood and not a support group for the uptight and the emotionally-damaged.  I'd really hoped that I wouldn't have to, considering that I really don't have the time.  I work overtime juggling two jobs, both of which require college degrees, to support myself.  I also have an active social life.  I know what real life is like, and how very serious and grim it can be at times.  I don't know, maybe having served for a few years in the Army also had something to do with that.  That's why I grasp the importance of being able to not take myself seriously, joke around, have a good time, use a little self-effacing humor here and there, and occasionally slap a diaper on dumb kids who come here and shit on the carpet by insulting the entire forum after a minor squabble with another member.  Especially when it comes to something as fun and silly as a cartoon about talking animals.  Everyone, take a look around you.  This is not Elwood City Central.  This is not the Arthur Wikia.  It never was.  While I often run the forum from behind the scenes, I am still the founder and administrator of this community.  While our co-founder is on hiatus due to life demands, I still like to keep his unrestrained, devil-may-care sense of humor in mind when I do my best to make sure we don't turn into a heavily-regulated frump hut.  In light of the recent posts in this topic, I think it's time for me to step forward and close out these issues.

1.  Regarding the air of negativity, it always existed to some extent in various member rant topics.  Members should be able to express their frustrations with life, seek advice, field opinions, and share their struggles with others.  Occasionally, I receive some sort of complaint about a rant thread for whatever reason.  In most cases, I just let it go because I'd really rather not limit free speech unless it ventures into the territory of serious racial/gender/sexuality discrimination.  It is fine for members to create topics about things in life that frustrate them.  In the past, many of us have had specific rant threads or brought something up in an unrelated topic, and it was never a major issue.  There was a period of time a month or so ago when certain members were at eachother's throats, but I thought that matter had been resolved.  I made it clear to members who were calling out others and accusing them of harassment that doing so was largely unwarranted, and that crass humor/satire was perfectly welcome around here.  At the same time, members should not go after eachother for posting issue-related topics in the "Crossing the Border" area that they'd like to discuss.  One long-standing member chose to leave shortly after the incident.  That's unfortunate, but nothing that had transpired between anyone involved in that conflict had quite risen to the level of a bannable offense.  However...

2.  I can't say that's still the case.  Despite multiple warnings, one particular member continues to turn almost every single topic into a self-pity tirade about the Sonic community (which has no major relevance to any of us), Something Awful's amusing coverage of the Slums (which I got a kick out of and still consider an honor), and even goes so far as to cross the line and accuse me and other long-standing regulars of inappropriate conduct.  Topics are getting derailed in a serial manner, and everything is turning into a drama-fest.  Yes, I'm referring you to, Pop Cult.  At this point, I'm exasperated.  Several members have already left because of you.  Others have been pleading with me to ban you or suspend your account for quite a while, now.  I'm at my wits' end, just like nearly everyone else.  Now you're asking for forgiveness, but I'm honestly not sure that would resolve anything.  You're like a broken record.  While I appreciate the fact that you occasionally post actively about certain Arthur-related topics, music, or whatever, it would be decent and respectful for you to limit your discussion of the cyberbulling issue to the specific topic you created for it. With regard to your attempts at policing other members' conduct, this is your final warning - do it again and you will be banned indefinitely from this community.  You've left me with no other option.  

3.  While we place a premium on free speech, there is a very real boundary when it comes to very real discrimination towards entire demographic groups.  I'm not talking about joking around, or even poking fun in a crass manner.  I'm talking about a dead serious atmosphere of fundamental intolerance, even if it's beneath the surface.  Specifically, I'm referring to ongoing LGBTQIA issue.  If some members are leaving because they have a problem with our stance on not tolerating the mealy-mouthed, implicit atmosphere of "tolerant" homophobia that has only recently been curtailed, then I'm glad those members are gone.  Just saying that we're LGBTQIA-friendly while allowing an endless barrage of comments like, "I don't believe in homosexuality, but..." "I don't support homosexuality, but..." "Homosexuality is a sin, but..." is about as tolerant as going to an interracial wedding and telling the bride and groom that you believe interracial love is immoral, but you'll be nice, not hold it against them, and try to be friends.  You mention some members have left because we call out this kind of behavior when it happens?  Guess what - we were losing members because this issue had not been addressed more firmly earlier in time.  No, it wasn't just one particular valued member who left in an unfortunate public manner after being made to feel like he was a second-rate human being for that very reason.  Apparently, not every administrator and moderator here has been receiving the same member feedback, because I've been fielding occasional complaints about this from various members stretching all the way back to the early days of the Slums.  In fact, after Meg posted the much-needed LGBTQIA tolerance notice with my full endorsement, several members have thanked us and commented positively in the topic.  Recently, it's been revived because new members have been joining in the discussion in a very positive way.  Our stance is making community members feel welcome around here for who they are, and comfortable discussing issues of self-identity that they may not be able to discuss around less-accepting friends and family members.  I can't think of a single reason why any decent, forward-thinking person would take up issue with any of this.  That said, I want everyone to read this topic very carefully if you haven't already done so:

http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com/t1046-important-notice-the-slums-are-lgbtqia-friendly

If you have a problem with this, then I will ask that you leave this community.  Do not return.  If you have already left over this, then please stay gone.  I don't want you here.

4.  Regarding diaper men, I really don't know why this issue is coming up again after I clearly explained that it was a common sort of thing we joked around in the early days of the Slums.  This is quite different from demographic discrimination for several reasons, as I previously outlined.  First, these are pictures that are mostly taken voluntarily by people who are either being silly and inviting our amusement, appeared in the news, or that are voluntarily posted on sexual fetish sites for a different type of public amusement.  Like I said, this is not the Slums that Rummy and I founded.  The atmosphere has changed.  Back then, we could have posted something along those lines, and pretty much everyone would have had a good laugh over it.  No big deal.  No incident.  The atmosphere has become way too restrictive, and people are just too easily offended over this sort of thing.  I thought I made it clear that the diaper men/Mr. Poopy Pants concept originated with me, and wasn't really any different from earlier topics like Orion's Shit Hut.  If you're going to go after Kerry for doing the same thing that the Slums' founding members have always done and laughed about, then you might as well go after me for it, because the buck stops right here.  

5.  On that note, regarding jostling community members who attack the Slums, it's nothing new around here.  If someone decides to attack the forum as a whole and make disparaging comments about us, then they're fair game.  They ask for it.  It doesn't matter whether or not it's a random newcomer or someone who's been part of the community for years.  Getting into a squabble with a single community member over something that's related to an external website does not justify attacking our entire community.  Initially, we welcomed The Ultimate Combo on board.  When he and JC got into an argument over past incidents at Fan Fiction that I was largely unfamiliar with, I chose to stay out of it and let them work out their differences.  I really don't care whether or not someone likes or dislikes shipping, slash pairings, or whatever.  It's completely irrelevant.  He crossed the line when he followed up by deriding the Slums as a whole.  He saw fit to take a shit on our carpet, so we slapped a diaper on him just to make sure it doesn't happen again.  Even at that, "Mr. Poopy Pants" isn't really much more depreciating than the common user ranks that good-standing members and even staff such as myself enjoy from time to time.  Dumpster Diver, Downs Clown, Arthur's Underwear, Wretched Bastard, Village Idiot...sort of underscores just how seriously we DON'T take ourselves around here.  We respect people at the outset, until they prove to us that they no longer deserve that respect.

If this seems like anything new, then welcome to the Slums.  Love it, or leave it.

Sincerely,

A Lotta Moms
The Slums of Elwood
Founder & Administrator
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:36 pm

A Lotta Moms, I just want to thank you for being there for me. I just want to live life without fear, depression and anxiety. I would love to laugh and have a good time. I just can't handle people poking fun at me or any of you guys. I 100% admit that I can't handle being made fun of. I care about you guys and I don't want people humiliating you. I never intended to get you angry, A Lotta Moms. I was just worried and concerned.

I admit that I was the ONLY one out of this whole forum who got offended by that Something Awful article. I am not just saying that just because I am butthurt because I was included in that article. I was upset about the fact they even made that on there. I don't want my friends getting humiliated or defamed. No one deserves that.

Just please A Lotta Moms. I didn't intent to upset you. I was just worried, scared and overreactive. You are my friend. And you will continue to be my friend. I promise I won't be scared anymore or overreactive. I really learned that it's not okay to be like that just because others were like that before.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:48 pm

neyone dont like our shit need a brick to the head
Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:11 pm

YUP
We got the team ready
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:11 pm

That's good you have backup against SA
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerry9Story on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:21 am

Kerry9Story
Pregnant
Pregnant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:48 pm

I’ve held off on responding to this because I’m just so taken aback at how quickly this forum has nosedived. It’s been a matter of days.  Sad

Ultimately, I think we can all agree that the Slums does not need the kind of drama it’s been subject to for months. Everyone, just open your eyes and look at how ridiculous the diaper men issue is, for one. Really? Lotta’s right, in the early days of the forum, this would be hilarious and a complete non-issue. Now, it’s just sad that it’s causing problems for us. This really is why a lot of members are leaving/have left.

It’s like we can’t go a week without another issue coming up. I’m tired of it, and I know everyone else here is, too.

Regarding the LGBTQIA issue, I don’t like to go onto long tangents about that unless I feel that someone is really being discriminatory. There have been some issues in the past regarding that. I’ll be honest, it hasn’t been a problem since it came up in the YouTube topic. Unless someone is blatantly discriminating against race, sexuality, etc., any concerns about that should be kept to PM. That’s probably something we should have done in the first place. I do, however, agree that my topic is important and needed. It goes back to the very basic rules of the forum that Lotta established, and it’s something that a lot of members feel insecure about...I feel like they have to be reassured, as someone who has gone through that myself. I just don’t want to lose members who are turned away from the forum because they feel they are being discriminated against.  

I want members to feel safe here, because obviously, some don’t. And they’ve left because of it. I don’t want to drive any of the new members away, either. Sad

I’d really hate for the forum to go out like this. I don’t think the majority of the community knows how to react to this. But I do know that they still want to have the Slums to turn to, to talk about Arthur and other random things, and to just be themselves. That’s why I’ve grown attached to the forum from the start. I can be as unrestrained as I want here, and not risk being judged. Well, used to.

Take this for example.

http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com/t283-can-we-just-talk-about-buster-and-bo

It’s a joke. Incest isn’t a joke in real life, but who the hell cares if I joke around like that with a cartoon? I saw the moment in Postcards From Buster, and shared it here, because it’s funny. You can see by the responses that the rest of the forum didn’t think there was a problem with it. That’s because there isn’t. This is the humor of the Slums. We can be as “inappropriate” as we want to be, here.

This is what I want to go back to, and I know a lot of you agree.
So, here. Four things I think we should start doing, if any of you would be willing to listen.

1. Keep issues that aren’t blatantly discriminatory (as in “I don’t believe in homosexuality…”) to PMs ONLY. Those that are should be addressed publically, because we don’t want whoever commented to give off the impression that we are discriminatory as a whole or constantly at each others’ throats. This will help reduce the air of negativity and finally, we’ll be able to return to normal discussion.

2. Like Lotta said, don’t be uptight about little things. What we’ve been doing is blowing up very small issues (like diaper men, or sexualizing cartoon characters) into these huge problems. It’s been building up over time, and turning people away. If I want to crack a joke about incest between Buster and his parents, I will. It’s not inappropriate. It’s funny. Other members have done it too. So why should we stop doing it now, just because a few members have sticks up their asses? Please learn to take a joke. And again, this is the Slums.

3. Arthur. The subject matter that this forum was established to discuss. I think that’s why some members have been leaving us, too. I post this sketch of Molly a few days ago in the hopes of generating more amusing or interesting discussion about Arthur, which is what we need to go back to for the hundredth time, but these issues overshadow it. Maybe people are afraid to post now that this has taken place, I don’t know. I mean, honestly...if we aren't having Arthur-related discussion, the Slums just doesn't feel like the Slums. Sad

4. I agree that rant topics should be permitted. It goes back to the community being a place where members can be themselves and let off steam. What I don’t agree with is when members start bringing their issues up in other topics, over and over again. We’ve had this problem with two of our members, now. I would ask that we please limit our ranting to our designated topics.  

Again, our members shouldn’t feel afraid to post, we aren’t a discriminatory forum, and never were. We need to become more lax, as a whole, if we want things to go back to the way they used to be. My two cents.
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:16 pm

CMSAB11 wrote:I’ve held off on responding to this because I’m just so taken aback at how quickly this forum has nosedived. It’s been a matter of days.  Sad

Ultimately, I think we can all agree that the Slums does not need the kind of drama it’s been subject to for months. Everyone, just open your eyes and look at how ridiculous the diaper men issue is, for one. Really? Lotta’s right, in the early days of the forum, this would be hilarious and a complete non-issue. Now, it’s just sad that it’s causing problems for us. This really is why a lot of members are leaving/have left.

It’s like we can’t go a week without another issue coming up. I’m tired of it, and I know everyone else here is, too.

Regarding the LGBTQIA issue, I don’t like to go onto long tangents about that unless I feel that someone is really being discriminatory. There have been some issues in the past regarding that. I’ll be honest, it hasn’t been a problem since it came up in the YouTube topic. Unless someone is blatantly discriminating against race, sexuality, etc., any concerns about that should be kept to PM. That’s probably something we should have done in the first place. I do, however, agree that my topic is important and needed. It goes back to the very basic rules of the forum that Lotta established, and it’s something that a lot of members feel insecure about...I feel like they have to be reassured, as someone who has gone through that myself. I just don’t want to lose members who are turned away from the forum because they feel they are being discriminated against.  

I want members to feel safe here, because obviously, some don’t. And they’ve left because of it. I don’t want to drive any of the new members away, either. Sad

I’d really hate for the forum to go out like this. I don’t think the majority of the community knows how to react to this. But I do know that they still want to have the Slums to turn to, to talk about Arthur and other random things, and to just be themselves. That’s why I’ve grown attached to the forum from the start. I can be as unrestrained as I want here, and not risk being judged. Well, used to.

Take this for example.

http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com/t283-can-we-just-talk-about-buster-and-bo

It’s a joke. Incest isn’t a joke in real life, but who the hell cares if I joke around like that with a cartoon? I saw the moment in Postcards From Buster, and shared it here, because it’s funny. You can see by the responses that the rest of the forum didn’t think there was a problem with it. That’s because there isn’t. This is the humor of the Slums. We can be as “inappropriate” as we want to be, here.

This is what I want to go back to, and I know a lot of you agree.
So, here. Four things I think we should start doing, if any of you would be willing to listen.

1. Keep issues that aren’t blatantly discriminatory (as in “I don’t believe in homosexuality…”) to PMs ONLY. Those that are should be addressed publically, because we don’t want whoever commented to give off the impression that we are discriminatory as a whole or constantly at each others’ throats. This will help reduce the air of negativity and finally, we’ll be able to return to normal discussion.

2. Like Lotta said, don’t be uptight about little things. What we’ve been doing is blowing up very small issues (like diaper men, or sexualizing cartoon characters) into these huge problems. It’s been building up over time, and turning people away. If I want to crack a joke about incest between Buster and his parents, I will. It’s not inappropriate. It’s funny. Other members have done it too. So why should we stop doing it now, just because a few members have sticks up their asses? Please learn to take a joke. And again, this is the Slums.

3. Arthur. The subject matter that this forum was established to discuss. I think that’s why some members have been leaving us, too. I post this sketch of Molly a few days ago in the hopes of generating more amusing or interesting discussion about Arthur, which is what we need to go back to for the hundredth time, but these issues overshadow it. Maybe people are afraid to post now that this has taken place, I don’t know. I mean, honestly...if we aren't having Arthur-related discussion, the Slums just doesn't feel like the Slums. Sad

4. I agree that rant topics should be permitted. It goes back to the community being a place where members can be themselves and let off steam. What I don’t agree with is when members start bringing their issues up in other topics, over and over again. We’ve had this problem with two of our members, now. I would ask that we please limit our ranting to our designated topics.  

Again, our members shouldn’t feel afraid to post, we aren’t a discriminatory forum, and never were. We need to become more lax, as a whole, if we want things to go back to the way they used to be. My two cents.

CMSAB11, I am really sorry for overreacting about the second thing. I realized now that you guys aren't being serious and are deliberately joking. However, some people could take serious offense, overreacting much worse than I have and possibly report you guys to the main administrators of Forumation.

For example (this doesn't have to do with the second paragraph), Kerry often jokes around saying that "she hopes this happens to *insert place name here*", which contains explosions or any other disasters. She is clearly joking around to be funny but someone else could take that as a terrorist threat and report her to the authorities.

I know now that you guys are deliberately joking but someone else could take what you are saying very seriously and overreact. I just don't want anything bad happening to you guys, which is why I worry about you guys. Because I like you guys.

I know I made a character topic called "What Would Do If Your Favorite Arthur Character's Voice Actors Got Beat Up?" It was a What If? topic and even though I said that I would help him and defend them. The idea of having real people get beat up could have gotten me in trouble. Because Greg Bailey might visit this site time to time. And I am sorry for making that topic and I regret it.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:06 pm

You have to stop popcult!!! You are not making your case any better.
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:03 pm

It is with some regret that we've finally had to ban The Pop Cult Gamer.  This is never easy when a user has such a high post count and has been on board for so long, and believe me when I say that we wanted this to be an option of last resort.

Despite multiple seeming apologies, he continued to indirectly accuse us of wrongdoing by claiming that he "didn't want us to get into trouble for X reason" when there was obviously no serious offense.  He was attempting to police a community in an obnoxious and deeply paranoid manner, despite having zero authority to do so.  After being warned twice and given a final ultimatum, he continued to press other members over irrelevant matters such as bumping old topics.  In addition, his recent conduct on chat was portraying us in a distorted manner to new members and conveying the image that this is some sort of restrictive forum (when, in fact, it's the very opposite).  Despite additional warnings regarding attacking Something Awful when their coverage of our community was amusing and nothing more than humorous fun-poking, he continued to lash out at them and potentially exacerbate a situation that was never negative to begin with.  Although it's a past issue, the reality is that he was half the reason why we had to post a LGBTQIA tolerance topic in the first place, with his endless barrage of "I don't believe in homosexuality, but..." comments.  

To any member who left because of his presence and perpetual misconduct (and I know there are several), I hope that you'll consider returning in the future.  I likewise hope that you'll be able to understand why it took us a while to get to this point with him, being a forum that values free conduct and relaxed rules.

P.S. I'd like to thank everyone who's shown us support, either publicly or via PM, over these past couple of days.  It's good to know that a majority of our regulars are behind us on this ongoing effort to return the Slums to its original state of freedom.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:21 pm

*Sigh*

I saw this coming. It was inevitable.

I have been nothing but patient with him, and I've tried to help him I don't know how many times, but it was like I couldn't get him to take any of the advice I had given him.

I sympathized with him, because I've been in his shoes before, but I've tried telling him coutless times that the only way things are going to get better for him is if he lets go of the past and stop baiting the people that were stalking/harassing/bullying him; I spoke from experience - this is exactly what my cyberbullies did to me, but it's because I kept talking about them, which only baited them to continue to pursue and harass me . . . once I stopped talking about them, they no longer had any reason to keep bullying me, and it eventually stopped. From his perspective, I know that's easier said than done, but it seemed like he made no effort to even try . . . in fact, it only seemed to get worse the more he piled on himself . . . anybody know why he started obsessing over Something Awful after all these months?

The multiple PMs a day were becoming excessive too, and while a lot of them were centered around the whole Sonamy drama, or Moms' fascination with Molly (or mine with Marina, or Julz's with Jane's ass), they were becoming increasingly insignificant and petty, like believing Julz to be hacked when she wasn't, or expressing disturbance with Julz, Kerry, and Wild Starry Moony calling each other "SiS" despite not being related (and the age differences), among other things.

I knew it was only a matter of time before it all came to a head. I applaud Moms for making this tough move, because frankly, I'm too much of a softee to have done it myself. Again, I have tried helping several times, but when you don't accept the help, the only one you can blame then is yourself. My only concern, at this point, is that he'll now believe that we were all out to get him as well and that he'll now hold the Arthur fandom in the same poor light as he did the Sonic fandom. But again, we tried.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:51 am

I'm just glad we've all managed to pull through this and remain intact as the central nexus of what makes the Slums so very special.

Regarding Pop Cult, it really was unfortunate because he clearly didn't have any malice towards us.  I likewise made many attempts to help him, give him advice, and understand him.  From the outset, I'd assured him that I would protect him here if anyone came after him, gave him the green light on posting many of his fan creations, and listened attentively as he detailed his therapy sessions.  But as time went on, he was just repeating the same thing about "finally" being able to let the past go...but the past just kept consuming him more and more.  I didn't really know what more advice to give him.  Then came the paranoia, rubbing people the wrong way who had been friends to the community for months, and the accusations.  Perhaps he simply held off on all of it until he felt comfortable, or perhaps it was a new development in his condition.  I'm honestly not sure.  However, I think we all agree that we can't have someone constantly flipping out and repeating accusations that we're being indecent, perverted, terrorists, etc.

I tried.  We all tried.  But in light of his condition(s), I have come to the conclusion that participation in online communities is unhealthy and quite possibly even dangerous for him - whether it's the Sonic community, the Arthur community, or pretty much anywhere other than a very tightly-regulated support group for those with his condition; one that is closely monitored by a licensed mental health professional.  I think this is for his own good.  That said, I hope that he can get the treatment he needs to overcome his struggles, and someday find peace in life.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:57 am

Very true.
This is not the first time such a thing with him has happened. He left DA and the sonic thing was a big part of that and the sonic community in general was a bad place for him and something he needs to seek psychiatric help for. The constant concerns and paranoia doubled with the anxious posts that did repeat themselves (not to mention scaring off new members with warnings of our " perversions and weirdness") Me calling people SIS and some of us liking female characters etc... all grew to boiling point. It spilled over and I guess it had to come to that otherwise more members would have left and he would just have kept going and going and sending private message after private message....
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top