Turquoise Username aka "Quite Dead" Means Banned Users

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Turquoise Username aka "Quite Dead" Means Banned Users

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:16 pm

I've been keeping my eyes on Patty, and while she did make a very small number of seemingly legit posts around here (and by "very small," I mean like two), most of her activity was clearly to spread Neo-Nazi propaganda: we may be open to any kind of people who would like to be a part of our community, but we're certainly not going to tolerate anybody who shows support for hate groups and celebrates the people involved with them.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:30 pm

The main thing is, She is posting in the Bunnehs and Bears thread or the episode threads, its the wrong section to post that type of propaganda and its attention seeking more than likely. Given the fact the one of the Admin and me, myself have Jewish blood, I do find it rather offensive but so far she is just trying to get a rise outta people probably
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.wm3.org

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:00 pm

I swear man, I should have kept my mouth shut about ED and Something Awful.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:21 pm

uh, it would have surfaced.
I doubt Herman Gorings wife aka Patty hitler is from S.A
they wouldn't let her on
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:40 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:I've been keeping my eyes on Patty, and while she did make a very small number of seemingly legit posts around here (and by "very small," I mean like two), most of her activity was clearly to spread Neo-Nazi propaganda: we may be open to any kind of people who would like to be a part of our community, but we're certainly not going to tolerate anybody who shows support for hate groups and celebrates the people involved with them.

Looks like I missed another mid-day fiasco while I was away at the office.  Based on her initial conduct, she was sort of an on-the-fence case.  Some of her posts were otherwise innocuous and strangely supportive, though her obvious affiliation with a textbook hate group was unsettling.  Formution prohibits "racial discrimination and hate speech," but mere association likely doesn't cross the line.  However, her later posts that touted Nazi extermination policies as evidence of "great men" and "geniuses" clearly qualified as inappropriate conduct.  Had I stumbled upon them before they were deleted, I most certainly would have taken the same course of action and shuffled her off to Nuremberg.   

That said, I'll agree that she was, most likely, just a joke account trying to get a rise out of us.  Perhaps because she/he knew that some of us were of Semitic heritage...who knows. Neutral
A Lotta Moms
Village Idiot - Administrator

View user profile http://theslumsofelwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:44 pm

I would say it was to do with the Semitic heritage...
She kept calling me sweetie pie and added me to her list....
So i wonder if it was kind of a wind up. Oh well failed attempt!!! lol
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:03 am

I blocked it from the very beginning and reported it for it being a possible sockpuppet of mister shitbiscuits.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:17 am

At the risk of being a fuddy-duddy and a killjoy, I admit, I do take my role as a Homeless Santa very seriously, but I feel like I've been having to ban an awful lot of trolls as of late - I've actually lost count of all I've banned so far this year, but I know it feels like too much.

I think part of the problem is we kind of invite the problematic trolls on ourselves: we've been trying to put ourselves out there to recruit new members, and we present ourselves as a very loose community where we allow craziness, so trolls probably see that as an invitation to have a place where they can act up as they wish, when that's not necessarily the case.

Yes, we are lenient in terms of our community guidelines, and we are tolerant of trolling to certain degrees, so long as the trolls still contribute to the community, but I think these oddballs have been taking advantage of that. Again, at the risk of seemingly like a killjoy, I'm thinking we need to beef up our security around here when it comes to account registration . . . I'm not talking about CAPTCHAs or anything like that, as these are clearly actual trolls and not spambots, however, I think we need some kind of filter for registration to ensure those who join the Slums are legit ARTHUR fans wanting to be part of our community, such as imposing security questions that are a little tricky that would easily stump false fans, but not too tough that true fans would be able to answer them. Just my thinking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:31 am

I think this is probably my fault for mentioning Encyclopedia Dramatica. That probably attracted trolls. That Sonic Fanbase account was purely made to troll me I know it.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:55 am

Snowth Poogle wrote:At the risk of being a fuddy-duddy and a killjoy, I admit, I do take my role as a Homeless Santa very seriously, but I feel like I've been having to ban an awful lot of trolls as of late - I've actually lost count of all I've banned so far this year, but I know it feels like too much.

I think part of the problem is we kind of invite the problematic trolls on ourselves: we've been trying to put ourselves out there to recruit new members, and we present ourselves as a very loose community where we allow craziness, so trolls probably see that as an invitation to have a place where they can act up as they wish, when that's not necessarily the case.

Yes, we are lenient in terms of our community guidelines, and we are tolerant of trolling to certain degrees, so long as the trolls still contribute to the community, but I think these oddballs have been taking advantage of that. Again, at the risk of seemingly like a killjoy, I'm thinking we need to beef up our security around here when it comes to account registration . . . I'm not talking about CAPTCHAs or anything like that, as these are clearly actual trolls and not spambots, however, I think we need some kind of filter for registration to ensure those who join the Slums are legit ARTHUR fans wanting to be part of our community, such as imposing security questions that are a little tricky that would easily stump false fans, but not too tough that true fans would be able to answer them. Just my thinking.

Spiffing idea Smile
It would seem the said trolls coming on, know little to nothing of Arthur.
Hence why I asked that " patty hitler"  who her favorite character was but she obviously looked it up and just posted the one i happened to like, George Lungdren.
That would be a good way to weed out the trolls, I mean lets face it
Apricot jack? I know you guys (sorry if i offend here) think hes good for a laugh but unless hes one of you guys having a laugh with another account, he never posted anything Arthur related. He posted apricots in any section. Mr shitbiscuts....posted random sentences.
Some fans do not contribute at all, they only post current events...which again have nothing to do with Arthur...
Without naming names, I was going to pose as to why some members on here choose not to participate in the Arthur section, but insist on only going " Across the border"  or the Street corner charlie area to post random nonsense. Hey I am all for random nonsense but we dont want it to get to the point it stops being about the characters, writers, episode, pairings or whatever....
Now Popcult and I have been known to go on and deter the subjects at hand, and for that I apologize...lol
The thing is we ARE fans..(my dedication to Franther, Francine and molly appreciation and all round love for great arthur pics and eagerness to learn more about episodes i have not seen....)

So in conclusion, Its a good idea me thinks Smile Smile
its up to you guys and the Admins Snowth but I think you are on to something Razz
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:12 am

I actually reprimanded (for lack of better word) Apricot Jack, because while his visits are usually few and far between, there was a particular visit of his here recently where he was posting in almost every board in a single visit, and not only was he posting pics of apricots like he always does, he posted videos as well in threads that are about discussing videos - so he knows what he's doing and intentionally so, however, because he hasn't done anything reprehensible or otherwise wrong, there's no cause for us to kick him out - unlike Patty, who did post long-winded praise for key members of Hitler's Nazi party. Basically, I've had my eyes on Jack as well after talking it over with Moms, who felt that he posed no actual threat to the community, but it might be wise to keep tabs on him since he's so far contributed nothing substantial to the community. So after his last apricot-posting spree, I got in touch with him and informed him that while he has not done anything wrong, it would be wise to show that he actually intends to contribute to the community because his little posting habits were becoming a nuisance . . . and I see no evidence that he's returned since then, and this has been a few months ago.

But this is kind of the point I'm making: basically, we just need to draw a line somewhere - I'm not saying we need to make the Slums an exclusive community, because that's not our intentions, but again, we just need tighter security regarding who registers accounts here.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:14 am

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:
Snowth Poogle wrote:At the risk of being a fuddy-duddy and a killjoy, I admit, I do take my role as a Homeless Santa very seriously, but I feel like I've been having to ban an awful lot of trolls as of late - I've actually lost count of all I've banned so far this year, but I know it feels like too much.

Spiffing idea Smile
It would seem the said trolls coming on, know little to nothing of Arthur.
Hence why I asked that " patty hitler"  who her favorite character was but she obviously looked it up and just posted the one i happened to like, George Lungdren.
That would be a good way to weed out the trolls, I mean lets face it
Apricot jack? I know you guys (sorry if i offend here) think hes good for a laugh but unless hes one of you guys having a laugh with another account, he never posted anything Arthur related. He posted apricots in any section. Mr shitbiscuts....posted random sentences.
Some fans do not contribute at all, they only post current events...which again have nothing to do with Arthur...
Without naming names, I was going to pose as to why some members on here choose not to participate in the Arthur section, but insist on only going " Across the border"  or the Street corner charlie area to post random nonsense. Hey I am all for random nonsense but we dont want it to get to the point it stops being about the characters, writers, episode, pairings or whatever....
Now Popcult and I have been known to go on and deter the subjects at hand, and for that I apologize...lol
The thing is we ARE fans..(my dedication to Franther, Francine and molly appreciation and all round love for great arthur pics and eagerness to learn more about episodes i have not seen....)

So in conclusion, Its a good idea me thinks Smile Smile
its up to you guys and the Admins Snowth but I think you are on to something Razz

Don't forget my dedication to my favorite fictional teacher and favorite troublemakers of all time! Plus one hot mama! Lol
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:25 am

YES!!!
Ratburn and the Customers
Ha that could be a band......
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Confirmed regarding Apricot Jack.  He has the Slums seal of approval because his posts aren't really offensive or threatening.  The main issue with "mister shitbiscuits" and "Patty Hitler" was that their conduct crossed over into racial hate speech (again, an overarching Forumotion TOS rule) and harassing specific users.  Apricot Jack is an example of random silliness.  So as long as it doesn't turn into spamming every topic and response with 100+ pictures of apricots each day, it's a welcome addition.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:30 am

As usual, I went ahead and banned MariaPappas999/PeruvianSponge999/AlgerianBeerGuy999 once again over the weekend for posting offensive messages on some of our visitor message walls.

Life goes on.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:43 pm

Why won't he just go away for good?? Sad
CMSAB11
White Rabbit - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:49 pm

*Sigh*
Does he think you guys are stupid?
Canna figgit?
"Der they wont know if i change my name" *insert Cletus laugh*
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:09 pm

CMSAB11 wrote:Why won't he just go away for good?? Sad
When we ban someone here does Moms block their IP address? Unless this guy's IP address changes frequently, or he has access to other computers/networks/etc. he seems to return too frequently and too easily.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Lotta Moms on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:17 pm

Yep - underlying IP addresses are always blocked along with user bans.  In the case of MariaPappas999, I've blocked 4-5 different IP addresses that they've used.  I'm assuming that they're just using a proxy, computer lab or have a dynamic IP that changes occasionally.
A Lotta Moms

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:43 pm

Wow, using other people's computers to spam on a site to ban evade?
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:46 pm

Nope not other peoples, they can easily access there own...
there are tons of internet websites that for a fee will hide or change your IP address multiple times throughout the day. Hence the blocking be difficult for Admins to do.
She who shall not be named had one, this is how I know because it was blatantly obvious she had used one of those "hidemyass.com" sites.

Heads up: If anyone by that name joins you will know to block her right?
Lucythegreat or lucy or anything pertaining to that. I am very paranoid because of what she did. She hacked in to my account and posted my IP and pictures online..so please be vigilint.:
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:50 pm

I will be sure to block her
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:03 pm

Thank you Smile might not even happen but you know...
Cyber bullying and trolls are like flies these days
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by CMSAB11 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Tell me about it... Rolling Eyes
CMSAB11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:43 pm

They are.... JEALOUS keyboard warriors with too much time on their hands and not enough real life experiences to know wrong from right..
Hence why I am doing me best to steer clear of my actual FB account
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top