If Lydia Gordon was in The Tardy Tumbler...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If Lydia Gordon was in The Tardy Tumbler...

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:34 pm

Would she be able to do gymnastics in a wheelchair? If she doesn't make the team, could she beat up Bellow in a wheelchair? Like run him over repeatedly in it?
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Re: If Lydia Gordon was in The Tardy Tumbler...

Post by Snowth Poogle on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:45 pm

I don't think so, at least not in Bellows's class. IIRC, I believe it was explained that she's permanently paralyzed due to jumping into a shallow pool and injuring her spine, so she probably has no use of her legs whatsoever. Some people who are in wheelchairs still have use of their legs, but are very limited; my friend, for example, has musclar dystrophy, so while he's in a wheelchair almost 90% of the time, he can walk, but he has to use a walker, and he can't walk very far or very long (a lap around the gym is a feat for him).

There are Special Olympics, however, who recognize disabled people, Lydia could probably compete in something like that if Elwood City has their own local Special Olympics. Carl and Marina probably could too, though Carl may feel a little too overwhelmed by any large crowds who may be there, and Marina may possibly feel insulted.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 磁計算機騎士 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:51 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:IIRC, I believe it was explained that she's permanently paralyzed due to jumping into a shallow pool and injuring her spine, so she probably has no use of her legs whatsoever.
No, that was only a concept that was scrapped in development. Although Connor Gordon (the 11 year old who won the contest) wanted people to know that not everyone in wheelchairs were born that way, whoever wrote the episode must have missed it.

Lydia specifically said she was born without the use of her legs.
磁計算機騎士
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile http://wikia.com/w:c:arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:36 pm

But my only question is? What if she beat up Bellow as in rammed into him and runned him over with her wheelchair?
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top