PBS Spots

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PBS Spots

Post by Snowth Poogle on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:45 am

Over the years, Arthur has been the subject of, or has been included in various different promotional spots and P.S.A.s for PBS Kids, and while I'm having difficulty finding any of them on YT, here are some that I remember:

- Around the time Season 5 was being aired, Arthur and D.W. did a P.S.A. about SAP: Arthur had lost his glasses and couldn't watch BIONIC BUNNY, though D.W. told him about SAP, an audio function on many TVs that enable a narrative voice describing what's happening on the screen for those who are visually impaired.

- During Arthur's "reverse puberty" years, there was a little live-action promotional spot for PBS involving a father reading his little girl a bedtime story, specifically, Little Red Riding Hood. As the father tells the story, various different PBS figures - both PBS Kids and primetime PBS - joined in on the story to make it come to life; among them is Arthur, who sits on the edge of the girl's bed and tells her if Pal was there, the wolf wouldn't have gone anywhere near grandma's house.

- An interesting one involved David taking a break from filming the show to tell D.W. a story, though D.W. kept wanting to tell the story in her own reimagined retelling; clearly a P.S.A. about reading to your kids.

- For a while, there was a series of PBS Kids GO! spots called "Stop-and-Go Stories" that usually involved Maya and Miguel starting to tell suspenseful stories that involved other PBS Kids GO! characters, such as Arthur (who always introduced the spots) and his friends, but stopping at crucial points to allow kids watching to think of resolutions for themselves.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator
Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PBS Spots

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:27 am

I remember those! They used to play them all the time!
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyCoolStairs on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:35 pm

There's a few on YouTube...

There was another one similar to the third you listed. It was during the Share A Story initiative PBS had a while back.

Another spot from the Share A Story program used a strange animation style. DW's hair looks awful here.

My PBS station has aired this Action Pig one for probably the past 15 years and still airs today.
PrettyCoolStairs
Bunny Loremaster!
Bunny Loremaster!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatthewHecht on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:34 pm

I always really loved the pirate share a story. It reminded me of DW's good episodes.
I think they used to almost always use Arthur characters for spots like this (with some Between the Lions and Sesame Street ones). Now I think they have given them up, put up more ads for shows like Wild Kratts and Curious George.
MatthewHecht
Downs Clown
Downs Clown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top