The fanfiction is lost...

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: The fanfiction is lost...

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:03 pm

TheUltimateCombo wrote:
I am the Ultimate Combo.
Wow, so you're a big burger with crinkle fries and a large shake?
As for Snowth Poogle, I get that you were banned, and I understand your frustration, but rules are rules.
I understand that rules are rules, my point was their rules were vague and unclear - at least they were at the time, I don't know if they've updated any of their rules at all since then, but then, it wasn't clear (at least to me) that "interactive chat" format - which they don't allow - was the same thing as script format. That, and accusing me of giving other fics the MST treatment was completely false and I have no idea how or why they felt that I did.

But, that's all in the past, and I've pretty much gone with simply self-publishing my fics since then; fewer people may see them, but I can write the way I like to. The funny thing about writing in script format is that's exactly how the first fanfics I've ever read when I was younger were written (granted, this wasn't on FFN, but a fansite that hosted submitted content such as fanfiction and fan art) - in a sense, my concept of fanfiction was basically you wrote your own episode of a show, which seemed to make sense, lol. I follow sitcom writer Ken Levine's blog, and I once asked him if he's ever read any fanfiction of any of the shows he's written for, and he told me, "I read fanfiction all the time. We call them 'spec scripts'." XD

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:12 pm

The MST thing, again, I didn't understand it either, as I had never heard of MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER prior to that, but after looking it up and seeing that it was a show that was basically about parodying and spoofing campy movies for the sake of pointing out how bad they really are, that's what irked me, because to say I was making fun of other fanfics for being bad was complete and utter nonsense, and I don't understand how they saw any of that in any of the fics I had written when I was on the site.

I don't write fanfics as much as I used to, and I've really only ever written one ARTHUR fic, but I agree with the point you're making that legit ARTHUR fans shouldn't give up on the fandom because the trolls seem to be overtaking it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:16 pm

I said that they needed to get their ass kicked by cops and the FBI because ArthurFrancineFan said it was disgusting and explicit.

Unfortunately, the police and the FBI can't do anything about it because it's fictional characters. I think they should arrest them but they can't for real because it's fictional characters and Freedom of Speech.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:28 pm

TUC
First, I still converse with Travis2015 of whom you have said very nasty things about
I do not leave guest reviews, I use my name. You however have left guest reviews. My prom/midnight fic? You make reference to DASL as you have on here. I get that but I do not message you rudely when I leave an honest open review but you get very offended extremely easily.
Anyway moving on, I am not writing Arthur stuff anymore
I have done my arthur x francine which i know you loathe however I am also writing a non fictional biography so I am hoping to publish this on kindle.
I am also watching other shows Very Happy Very Happy but still like this forum because we can be funny and a little weird which is a good thing
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

View user profile http://www.wm3.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:08 pm

Whoa nelly, people! Let's keep this civil; no need for things to turn ugly around here - if you have issues with each other, please take it up privately, m'kay?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Snowth Poogle wrote:Whoa nelly, people! Let's keep this civil; no need for things to turn ugly around here - if you have issues with each other, please take it up privately, m'kay?

Are you trying to be like Mr. Mackey from South Park?
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

View user profile https://thepopcultgamer.tumblr.com/post/160472897422/outofcontex

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:05 pm

There are times when you are suckered in
By drugs, and alcohol, and sex with women (m'kay)
But it's when you do these things too much
That you've become an addict and must get back in touch. . . .

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:20 pm

This is a FUN forum XDXDXD
" When youre homeless on the street, giving hand jobs for crack"
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Roabe on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:36 pm

This is not the forum Arthur deserves.
But definitely the one it needs! queen

Anyway, the post about MSTing really takes me back. Way back to the old days of FanFiction before there even was an "Arthur" category there. MSTing never was mean-spirited, it was really just good-natured riffing, much like the real MST3K. Usually to write a MST you would have to know the author or at least ask them for permission. Those days are long gone though.

(BTW, Mystery Science Theater 3000 is cheesily awesome. Check out some episodes if you have the time. I suggest the ep "Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders," which is on YouTube)
Roabe
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:09 pm

So see? Not only did I not even know what MST was or had even heard of it, I didn't even go around to other authors and was like, "Derp-derp, i rully liked how cheez-ee ur story wuz, i can make fun of it?" Why would I do that? I tend to throw in a lot of pop culture references in my fics, but back then I rarely did any of that kind or thing, and I certainly wouldn't go around to other authors and ask if I can make fun of their fics in my stories.

And if MSTing wasn't even a big deal back then as you say, then why get somebody in trouble for it?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:10 pm

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:This is a FUN forum XDXDXD
" When youre homeless on the street, giving hand jobs for crack"

Someone actually made a Weed Pony? LMFAO
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by Roabe on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:37 pm

And if MSTing wasn't even a big deal back then as you say, then why get somebody in trouble for it?
A change in culture, perhaps. The environment on ff.net is a lot different than it was 10-15 years ago.
Roabe
Dead of Slept
Dead of Slept

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:09 pm

Ah ff.net circa 2004-2010 those were different times...
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:14 pm

Ironically, 2004 was when I got banned . . . so, I guess even pre-2004 were different times too?

You know, after all these years, I bet if I were to look back on what I wrote during those years, I'd probably be embarrassed by them now, considering I was just a kid then, and often times just wrote whatever popped into my head. I remember my first two attempts at BEWITCHED fanfiction: I had only recently started watching the show, and I wasn't entirely familiar with the characters and their interactions, and they were quite painful. I eventually got better though, and I even remember one BEWITCHED fic I wrote was considered so good it was actually featured on a BEWITCHED fansite, and even given something like a readers' choice award or something like that (I just remember it was linked on their site with a trophy icon next to it, and a trophy icon indicated a must-read).

I mostly wrote COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG fanfics, because that's the show I was most obsessed with as a kid, and I remember often times a friend of mine and I would often try to come out with new fics on a weekly basis of what we thought would make for good episodes had the show been renewed for a fifth season (which it unfortunately wasn't).

The only other fics I remember writing were a potential SESAME STREET movie that I actually attempted to rewrite several years back, but not too many people were interested in it (fanfics tend to be cliquish), and I tried my hand at a GRIM & EVIL (the precursor to THE GRIM ADVENTURES OF BILLY & MANDY before it was split into its own show and EVIL CON CARNE got the shaft).

But as far as retroactive embarrassment goes, even though the handful of Chipmunks fics I wrote and published back in 2008 are fics I'm mostly proud of, in retrospect, there's a couple I'm embarrassed about today, mainly because they were attempts at writing more heavy/dramatic stories, and I'm mostly a comedy writer; looking back on them now, I can definitely tell I tried way too hard. Other than that, I'm still proud of the others, mainly because I aged the characters a tad and gave them some character development; matter of fact, Brittany in their new series on Nick seems rather close to how I wrote her in my fics: a tad less egotistical, a little more thoughtful, while still being the diva she is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:56 am

I did not know you were banned in 2004? wow!!!
I thought script was still allowed then? however I did have a futurama fic taken down in 2007 for script format. I still feel its a little OTT when there are fics that break rule 34 out there but such is life.
Oh speaking of the chipmunks, did you read the story (it might  have even been you, I am not sure) Where Brittany was dying of a rare chipmunk disease and Simon was dating Jeanette and he created a medication to cure her. There were some PG 13 themes but it was a happy ending and very sweet. Needless to say I was pretty caught up in it, it was really good and the characters were portrayed well....

Yes, she is less of a Diva, however Brit has ALWAYS cared about her sisters and in the older early 80s episodes there were some Alvinxbrittany episodes such as the valentines day one where Alvin had basket ball practice

do you remember the movie where Alvin sang "Alvinsons rootbeer cooler, its got the taste that will never fool ya?"  Wow that is still in my head after all these years....

the REALLY old ones, 70s style showed them more romantically cheers cheers

Yes I know its a fan pic but its just so cute XDXD
When they are adults they would be a cute couple with a baby
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:11 am

You know they were meant to be together. The main guy or guys in this case, usually get the main girls.
The Pop Cult Gamer
John Morris
John Morris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:23 am

YUP
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:21 am

ArthurFrancineFan wrote:
Oh speaking of the chipmunks, did you read the story (it might  have even been you, I am not sure) Where Brittany was dying of a rare chipmunk disease and Simon was dating Jeanette and he created a medication to cure her. There were some PG 13 themes but it was a happy ending and very sweet. Needless to say I was pretty caught up in it, it was really good and the characters were portrayed well....
No, I don't believe I've seen that one. I may have seen an illustration for it, I remember seeing a fan art pic of Brittany in a hospital bed in a comatose state, while Alvin sobs at her bedside, but I don't recall ever reading such a fic.
Yes, she is less of a Diva, however Brit has ALWAYS cared about her sisters
That's always been the one quality I like about her; otherwise, when it comes to the Chipettes, she's usually tier 3 with me: her attitude problems and alpha bitchy personality is very reminiscent of the kind of girls in school you actually want to avoid, lol.
do you remember the movie where Alvin sang "Alvinsons rootbeer cooler, its got the taste that will never fool ya?"  Wow that is still in my head after all these years....
Yeah, that was an episode where they were parodying that detective show MOONLIGHTING, lol.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurFrancineFan on Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:40 pm

Yeah, it was sweet though!!! XDXD
ArthurFrancineFan
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Bomb

Back to top Go down