Sloopy-Bloopy! Sloopy-Bloopy! Sloopy-Bloopy!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sloopy-Bloopy! Sloopy-Bloopy! Sloopy-Bloopy!

Post by Snowth Poogle on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:21 pm

I've been thinking about "D.W.'s Time Trouble" lately, and despite that it's a mostly dream-sequence episode, it's a pretty amusing one at that, especially when you consider that it's all from D.W.'s perspective.

It's interesting to see the role reversal of D.W. being the oldest and Arthur her younger brother - she thinks she'll be happier being the boss of him and having him do her bidding, but sees what a manipulative brat younger Arthur can be, and what a chore it is for her to have to care for him. Not to mention the running gag that he's a "broken baby," and that David and Jane could get a considerable charity deduction from their income tax for adopting him, lol.

Homeless Santa - Global Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sloopy-Bloopy! Sloopy-Bloopy! Sloopy-Bloopy!

Post by Bananomanoman on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:05 am

Ahh, Yes the episode D.W. time trouble I remember the episode, I like episode because it D.W. believed that being older meant more people would phrase her for her accomplishments more then when she was younger, but when Arthur is "Adopted" she realizes that throwing cookies to boss him around might not be the right response to get him to do what she want to do, and everything is not going to go her way, even if she's older, and being older there's a responsibility of knowing things, and directions.

I too like the joke how Arthur was a "broken baby" and how the store clerk was so impulsive to get rid of him he would throw anything to be be rid of Arthur, and at the end they put him in the storage room. I though that was hilarious.

D.W. can be immature and annoying but she can have a heart at time and does care (although it maybe for the attention and phrase, so...)

I like the end of the episode when D.W. wake up and realize it was a nightmare, and tells Arthur she was happy being Arthur's little sister, and Arthur response that he was happy that he was D.W.'s older brother. That was a nice sibling bonding moment.

I enjoyed the episode.  Very Happy
Bananomanoman
Rather Unsavory Fellow
Rather Unsavory Fellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowth Poogle on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:05 pm

I also love this little exchange when going to the movies:

ARTHUR: Sloopy-Bloopy! Sloopy-Bloopy! Sloopy-Bloopy!
D.W.: But just a minute ago you said you wanted to go see DOLL STORY 2!
ARTHUR: You had cookies then.

Oh, snap! XD

I also like how little Arthur accidentally broke his glasses, but then told David and Jane that D.W. smashed them . . . that's actually just what would happen in a real scenario: D.W. would accidentally break something, then tell her parents that Arthur did it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top